Architect 10.2B crashes with vs_util error

Posted by vjug on 19-Jan-2010 07:39

Hello

lately I've been having problem with one project where Architect keep crashing while building workspace. I use the options "Build automatically" and "Build before launch" is turned off, but sometimes when I run a program or check syntax message "Building workspace" starts and after some time prowin32.exe app error pops out with vs_util error in description. Also, a message "avm runtime busy" often appears when checking syntax. Thing got little better since I stoped using "Build automatically" but compiling all files still causes a crash. I even created another workspace for this project (deleted .metadata), tried with -clean and everything is still the same. I have another workspace with a codebase that matches this one in 90%, project setting are practically the same. Main difference is that this project is new and it's open on 10.2B while the other one is opened few years ago on 10.1B and migrated through versions. Option -s on project is set by OEA defaluts to 200. Database is started with the project and there is no unusual entries in db log.

This event creates following in Error log:

An internal error occured

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:256)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:313)
at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:90)
at com.openedge.core.runtime.AVMConnection.readIncomingMessage(AVMConnection.java:88)
at com.openedge.core.runtime.AVMConnection$1.run(AVMConnection.java:391)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

How could I find out what's going on with this? Is there any other log beside .log in workspace metadata and where could I find it?

All Replies

Posted by Matt Baker on 19-Jan-2010 10:36

Is it java.exe that is crashing or prowin32.exe that is crashing?  If it is prowin32.exe that is crashing, it may be that a certain construct in your code is causing the problem.  Does it always crash compiling the same file?

The stack trace doesn't mean anything.  It just indicates that the socket connection between oea and the prowin32.exe was lost unexpectedly.  Did you get a protrace file?

You will need to contact tech support about this.

Posted by Ravi Sankar on 20-Jan-2010 03:01

Can you check if there any log files under DLC/oeide/eclipse directory?

This thread is closed