10.1C Tables/Fields Not Identified/Expanded in all connected

Posted by dbeattie on 21-Apr-2008 09:22

I'm not sure the correct term for this as you can tell by my subject line, but I have a workspace with four Progress database connected. When editing a file and typing a table name, only two of the databases tables are recognized (changed orange/yellow), and expanded to allow me to pick tables. Even if I pick a table and field in Navigator and drag it to the editor, it stays black and I can't get information on the field by hovering the mouse over it. Had anyone else had this problem? It worked fine under 10.1B.

All Replies

Posted by jtownsen on 22-Apr-2008 04:40

This should probably bounce this one off Tech Support.

Posted by jmls on 22-Apr-2008 07:33

check the java/sql settings in the database connections. If the SQL cannot connect, the database tables are not recognised. Took me a long time to figure this one out. Oh, and close and reopen the project.

Posted by Matt Baker on 22-Apr-2008 09:44

If you have already done as Julian suggested, make sure that there are no empty .txt files in the .metadata/.plugins/com.openedge.pdt.text directory. If there are, then delete them and restart OpenEdge Architect. These are the schema cache files used for code completion. There is a known bug where they can become empty if the SQL connection fails to connect.

Posted by dbeattie on 22-Apr-2008 12:52

Matthew thanks for the response. That was the problem I'd encountered. I just deleted 2dYQrvGvNJ-bEazbVbOpxQ.txt and restarted and the other two databases started working too. Is there a KBASE that describes this bug/problem? I figured it had something to do with this because I did get a message that warned the schema couldn't be updated because the database failed to connect. With the SQL connections being case-sensitive based on how they are started and not the physical database name, it took a while to get them going again when our startup script got changed.

Posted by dbeattie on 19-Feb-2010 12:42

The location for this changed in 10.2B.

G:\AppDev102B\.metadata\.plugins\com.openedge.pdt.project

This thread is closed