Linked folder r-code difference between .cls and .p

Posted by jquerijero on 26-Feb-2010 11:39

When I compile a linked folder the r-code goes into two folders;

src_link -> c:\sys

r-code\sys - contains r-code of CLS files (I think it is using the full class name as the folder location)

r-code\src_link - contains r-code of .p and .w

Is it possible to have all the r-codes just go the r-code\sys?

All Replies

Posted by Matt Baker on 26-Feb-2010 14:53

The calculation of where r-code for classes ends up is as such:

+

The is calculated as the relative path of the abl file from either the project directory itself or the parent directory of the class as defined by the source tab in PROPATH project settings.

The is calculated as the "build destination" setting of the propath source path entry that contains the ABl file.  If that is not set, it defaults back to the rcode destination setting on the main openedge project properties page.  If that is not set, then it defaults to the project directory itself.  If none of these are set, and the abl file lives in a linked directory, then the r-code is placed into the same directory as the abl source file.

The oea builder will maintain the relative paths of file names for both procedure files and class files underneath the output destination.

Make sure that the root directory of wherever your class files are is a source directory (check the "source" tab in the project properites for PROPATH), and make sure the build destination for that propath entry (the "build destination" setting under the source directory entry in the treeview) is set to the correct output directory.  It would guess that you don't have the individual propath build destination set and your default r-code output directory is set to the project (i.e. left blank).

Assuming the "rcode" directory is part of  your project, and all your source code lives in "src" which is a linked directory in  your project your .propath file should have something like this:

Posted by jquerijero on 26-Feb-2010 16:39

After reading some more about SOURCE, it should solve my problem.

One more question, is there a way to set build sequence for the folders?

My project has these entries

sys_link -> points to the development source directory

sys -> is a local folder where the files go when I check them out of RoundTable.

By using the SOURCE definition I was able to have both folders' output go to r-code/sys. Is there a way to tell OEA to compile sys_link first then sys?

Posted by bab on 02-Mar-2010 05:38

There is no way to tell OEA to compile sys_link first then sys.

This thread is closed