Parameter Strategy

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 24-Mar-2010 13:40

In the past, I haven't needed much in terms of special parameters in OEA for development purposes since the important parameters where set up in deployment.  Now, though, I am doing some performance testing.  At first, it was reasonably convenient to create a .pf in the test directory and run the test in proenv since that gave me a nice clean start and the tests didn't involve a DB connection or anything.  Now, the testing I am doing does involve a DB connection and it would be convenient to keep using the same server.

Currently, I have my projects set for a separate AVM ... although I could possibly change that.

If I set the run configuation to use the project AVM, then I can put parameters in the project settings which will show up in the session.  But, it seems a little cleaner to start a separate AVM for the test ... so where do I put those parameters?  I tried creating a .ini file with them and adding that in the run configuration, but then it told me that it couldn't find the PROMSGS file.

What is a good strategy here?

All Replies

Posted by jmls on 25-Mar-2010 01:55

In the "Run Configurations" screen there are a number of options,

including database and propath options. However, I thin that the one

you want is in the tab called "Startup". Near the bottom is a space

for "additional startup parameters"

Julian

On 24 March 2010 18:40, Thomas Mercer-Hursh

Posted by Admin on 25-Mar-2010 02:05

And on the last tab, activate the toggle to store it in a shared file.

That will create a .launch file that can be versioned and exchanged

with others.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 25-Mar-2010 11:30

Duh!  I guess I failed to see that because it was below all that stuff that I wasn't interested in related to .NET and Dynamics.  Doesn't it seem logically that it should be up at the top?

This thread is closed