Toolbar Manager and MDI Parent

Posted by Admin on 15-Jun-2010 04:48

Hi,

I've a form with a UltraToolbarManager, but when i run with MDI container, the ultraToolbarManager disappears and i dont why!!!

Ej:

childForm:MdiParent = this-object.

childForm:Show( ) -> Show this form but don't view the ultraToolbarManager, but I comment this line (childForm:MdiParent:this-object), then the ultraToolbarManager appears.

chilForm -> Form have a ultraToolbarManager.

THIS-OBJECT -> FORM MDI Container (Property IsMdiContainer = TRUE).

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 15-Jun-2010 05:49

I've a form with a UltraToolbarManager, but when i run with MDI container, the ultraToolbarManager disappears and i dont why!!!

Is there also a toolbarsmanager in the MDI Form? If so make sure both toolbarsManagers have the MDIMergable property set to true. Check the Infragistics docs on MDI merging of toolbars. Pretty powerful.

If there is no toolbarsmanager on the MDI parent, turn of the MDIMergable of the child forms toolbarsmanager.

Posted by Admin on 15-Jun-2010 06:35

The Mdi Form don't have toolbarmanagers and childs forms toolbarmanager have the property MDIMergable = TRUE, but I don't appear toolbarsmanager

Posted by Admin on 15-Jun-2010 06:39

>The Mdi Form don't have toolbarmanagers and childs forms toolbarmanager have the property MDIMergable = TRUE, but I don't appear toolbarsmanager

That's the problem. Either add a UTM to the Mdi form or set MDIMergable to FALSE on the child. The child is trying to merge with the non existing parents UTM.

Posted by Admin on 15-Jun-2010 09:10

Yes, I tried that too (MDIMergable = FALSE in a child), but does not work!!

Posted by Admin on 15-Jun-2010 15:09

helenica7 schrieb:

Yes, I tried that too (MDIMergable = FALSE in a child), but does not work!!

Works for me - actually it looks like the setting of the MDIMergable property has no effect when the MDIContainer Form has no UltraToolbarsManager.

See attached sample and screenshot.

10.2B01

Posted by Admin on 16-Jun-2010 01:46

Now if I do not understand anything, because you have like me, and you do not work for you and me, I'll go crazy!

But thanks anyway

Posted by Admin on 16-Jun-2010 01:59

Now if I do not understand anything, because you have like me, and you do not work for you and me, I'll go crazy!

Sorry, I don't get that point.

What is it that is not working for you? Do you have screenshots from design time and run time?

Posted by Admin on 16-Jun-2010 02:57

The only thing different i've is that i've a MDI Container ultradockManager

Posted by Admin on 16-Jun-2010 07:34

Ah!

You should have mentioned that the MDI Container has NO ribbon and the MDI Child DOES have a ribbon. I believe that is not supported! You should be either using Toolbars all over or Ribbons all over.

Check this link: http://help.infragistics.com/NetAdvantage/WinForms/2009.2/CLR2.0/?page=WinToolbarsManager_MDI_Ribbon_Merging.html

Maybe that helps.

Posted by Admin on 16-Jun-2010 07:34

Ah!

You should have mentioned that the MDI Container has NO ribbon and the MDI Child DOES have a ribbon. I believe that is not supported! You should be either using Toolbars all over or Ribbons all over.

Posted by Admin on 16-Jun-2010 07:35

Ah!

You should have mentioned that the MDI Container has NO ribbon and the MDI Child DOES have a ribbon. I believe that is not supported! You should be either using Toolbars all over or Ribbons all over. If it is supposed to work, it should be working with MDIMergable = FALSE on both ToolbarManagers.

Check this link: http://help.infragistics.com/NetAdvantage/WinForms/2009.2/CLR2.0/?page=WinToolbarsManager_MDI_Ribbon_Merging.html

Maybe that helps.

I'd recommend using the Ribbon on both Forms (MDI Container and MDI Child) and look at MDI Merging of the Ribbons together with contextual tabs.

Posted by Admin on 16-Jun-2010 09:33

Ok, I'll try with that, thank you very much for everything

Posted by Admin on 18-Jun-2010 06:20

Ok, I've done it.

Simply put in the Child Form property Office2007UICompatibility = FALSE,it's work!!

Posted by Admin on 18-Jun-2010 07:08

Simply put in the Child Form property Office2007UICompatibility = FALSE,it's work!!

You know that by doing that you probably fail to comply with MS Style guide on the Ribbon and so violate the license agreement? Remember when installing the UltraControls you checked that you do have the MS license to install the Office2007 UI capabilities...

Posted by Admin on 18-Jun-2010 11:23

Yes, when I install the licensed Infragistics register for compatibility with Office2007UICompatibility

This thread is closed