System.InvalidOperationException: Operacion no valida dado e

Posted by Admin on 26-Oct-2010 01:17

Hi, I've a class Fmenu.cls with this code:

DEFINE PRIVATE VARIABLE v_NombreClase AS CHARACTER NO-UNDO.

DEFINE PRIVATE VARIABLE childForm AS Progress.Windows.Form NO-UNDO.

v_NombreClase = Cliente.Comun.FMenu.

childForm = DYNAMIC-NEW v_NombreClase().

WAIT-FOR System.Windows.Forms.Application:Run(childForm).

But when close the window this appear this message System.InvalidOperationException: Operacion no valida dato el estado actual del objeto. Why???

Captura.JPG

Captura0.jpg

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 26-Oct-2010 01:33

But when close the window this appear this message System.InvalidOperationException: Operacion no valida dato el estado actual del objeto. Why???

Spanish? Any chance for a translation?

Which version?

Anything special in the Form?

Posted by Admin on 26-Oct-2010 01:42

Version: 10.2B02

Translation (more or less):Invalid Operation given the current state of the object

Only thing is the form is a MDI Container

IF I called this form with WAIT-FOR childForm:ShowDialog(), It worked, but I read that is better called to form with WAIT-FOR System.Windows.Forms.Application:Run(childForm).

Posted by Admin on 26-Oct-2010 02:33

Only thing is the form is MDI Container

Any chance with the translation?

Posted by Admin on 26-Oct-2010 02:53

Translation (more or less):Invalid Operation given the current state of the object

Only thing is the form is a MDI Container

IF I called this form with WAIT-FOR childForm:ShowDialog(), It worked, but I read that is better called to form with WAIT-FOR System.Windows.Forms.Application:Run(childForm).

Posted by egarcia on 26-Oct-2010 08:50

Hello Elena,

Since you mentioned that the only thing in the form is the MDI Container, have you tried removing it to see if makes a difference?

Without trying to reproduce the issue, I would suggest to look at the stacktrace shown when using the Help ("Ayuda") button. The stacktrace has the line number.

I am guessing that the message is expected, basically the code is trying to do something that cannot be done when the form is closed.

Knowing what is the statement that is producing this message would help to understand the behavior.

I hope this helps.

Posted by Admin on 26-Oct-2010 09:10

I've tried to see what the help but does not say anything you do not know.
I have no code in the event that closes the window, so it can not be due.
The window must be MDI Container, because it is a menu window where we want to go into all the screens, so I can not put out the code.
Anyway, thanks for your help.

This thread is closed