Unfulfilled constraints

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 22-Jan-2012 19:02

I created a project in the 11.0 PDSOE and then noticed that I had not changed the name of the destination for rcode to my preference.  Rather than look for where to change it, I just deleted the project and tried recreating it.  This got me an error "One or more constraints have not been satisfied" with details of "Cannot install project facet OpenEdge 11.  Some version of this project facet is already installed."

I'm gathering this was because I did *not* select the "delete on disk" option.  Selecting that option it works normally.

All Replies

Posted by bab on 22-Jan-2012 22:25

There is a bug already reported for this issue and targeted for 11.1 release.

Work around for this issue is delete the “.project” file in the %Workspace%\\.

Posted by bab on 22-Jan-2012 22:43

Another workaround is instead of creating new project, import the project from the workspace.

To import the project

1Select File-> Import..

2)    2)   Select General -> Existing project into Workspace.

3)    3)   Click on next button.

4)    4)   Select the workspace location by using select root directory browse button

5)     5)  After selecting location it will display the existing project in Projects list view. Selecting project and click on finish button.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 23-Jan-2012 00:36

In this case, it was a newly created, empty project, so deleting it was not big deal.

Posted by asthomas on 23-Jan-2012 00:36

Jeg er væk fra kontoret i dag den 23. januar 2012, og checker ikke altid mail og telefon regelmæssigt. Jeg vil dog svare på din mail så snart som muligt.

Hvis du har behov for support, kontakt venligst support@app-solutions.com, så vender vi tilbage så snart det er mnuligt.

Administrative henvendelser kan ske til : admin@app-solutions.com.

I am not in the office 23rd January 2012. I will not be checking my mail and phone on a regular basis, but will reply to your mail as soon as I can.

If you need support from appSolutions, please send your mails to support@app-solutions.com.

If you need Roundtable support, please send mails to :

support-europe@roundtable-tsms.com.

Med venlig hilsen / Regards

Thomas Hansen

appSolutions a/s

This thread is closed