Resource exists with a different case

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 01-Mar-2012 14:11

I am rearranging some directories and projects in PDS 11.0 and in the course of doing so I changed the capitalization of one of the directories.  The folder shows with the capitalization in PDS and in Explorer, but if I do a compile of the project I am getting

'Compile files' as encountered a problem.  A resource exists with a different case: followed by the path name without capitalization.

I have restarted PDS and the problem persists.  I get the same error if I try to compile one of the programs in this directory.  I have change the references in the programs to have the capital.

Anyone know what it is complaining about?

All Replies

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 01-Mar-2012 14:15

Hmm.  Now I am trying to create a class which inherits from one of the classes in the problem directory.  If I browse for it, I get the name without the capital.  If I change it to the capital, it tells me the super class does not exist.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 01-Mar-2012 14:18

Solved!  I exited PDS, went to Explorer, searched for the directory name and found two, one in the source hierarchy and one in the rcode hierarchy.  The rcode one was still lowercase.  So I changed that, restarted PDS, and now all is well.

Posted by Admin on 02-Mar-2012 04:11

tamhas wrote:

Solved!  I exited PDS, went to Explorer, searched for the directory name and found two, one in the source hierarchy and one in the rcode hierarchy.  The rcode one was still lowercase.  So I changed that, restarted PDS, and now all is well.

sounds like a job for a IResourceChangeListener... but then again, we really expect everything from other peoples software but are more forgiving with ourselves

This thread is closed