Problem with forms .NET and ABL

Posted by Elena_Perello on 30-May-2012 01:46

Hi,

I've a problem with forms. NET and ABL. I call a procedure (program.p) that run a Form .NET (MenuPrueba.cls) with Application:Run ....

This Form (MenuPrueba) , call other window ABL in the choose on botton (ABLBorrar.w).

In the ABLBORRAR.w call again other form .NET (MenuPrueba2.cls) on the choose of botton with ShowDialog and show this message (Error_Message.jpg):

Solo se puede usar una instruccion .NET especifica que bloquee la entrada WAIT-FOR x:y() despues que se muestre cualquier formulario .NET.

How call the form MenuPrueba2.cls???

Example:

STEP 1

/**** Program.p ******/

DEF VAR c-menu AS MenuPrueba NO-UNDO.

c-menu = NEW MenuPrueba().

WAIT-FOR System.Windows.Forms.Application:Run(c-menu).

STEP 2:

/********* Method of MenuPrueba.cls ************/

METHOD PRIVATE VOID ultraButton1_Click(INPUT sender AS System.Object,INPUT e AS System.EventArgs):

RUN ABLBorrar.w.

END METHOD.

STEP 3:

/**************** Trigger on button ABLBorrar.w *****************/

ON CHOOSE OF Button-1 IN FRAME fMain:

DEF VAR cl-menu2 as MenuPrueba2 NO-UNDO.

cl-menu2 = NEW MenuPrueba2().

WAIT-FOR cl-menu2:ShowDialog().    -> ERROR (Error_Message.jpg)

END.

Thanks

ABLBorrar.w.zip

Error_Message.jpg

MenuPrueba.cls.zip

MenuPrueba2.cls.zip

Program.p.zip

All Replies

Posted by nidk on 30-May-2012 02:46

Hi,

OpenEdge forbidden use a methode with name ShowDialog if you dialog box is not inherirt of Progress.Windows.Form. You may use this technique : you make a methode in .net code behin call "ShowMyDialogBox" :

public void ShowMyDialogBox()

{

this.ShowDialog();

}

This tip is good.You mays use also this thechnique for call WPF Form , i try it , and now i make a WPF OPENEDGE Application.

Posted by Peter Judge on 30-May-2012 07:57

Elena_Perello wrote:

Hi,

I've a problem with forms. NET and ABL. I call a procedure (program.p) that run a Form .NET (MenuPrueba.cls) with Application:Run ....

This Form (MenuPrueba) , call other window ABL in the choose on botton (ABLBorrar.w).

In the ABLBORRAR.w call again other form .NET (MenuPrueba2.cls) on the choose of botton with ShowDialog and show this message (Error_Message.jpg):

Hi Elena,

I don't see this issue in OE11. If you're seeing it in an earlier OE version, I'd suggest contacting tech support.

-- peter

Posted by Elena_Perello on 30-May-2012 09:07

Ok, thanks for all!! My version is 10.2B06.

This thread is closed