Migration strategies for 10.2B04

Posted by saquib on 05-Dec-2012 02:37

Hi.

I've recently installed OpenArchitect 10.2b and then the 04 patch and noticed that although the new infragistics V9 components were installed in bin\infragistics\winforms they were not copied over/registered to the global assemblies cache

and neither was my Infragistics toolbox created and populated with the components.

Do I need to manally copy these over to the GAC and create the Toolbox myself?

Also, I have an install of OpenArchitect 10.2A (using a different workspace) which is using the V8 Infragistics components that I don't wish to effect in any way.

Thanks,

Saquib.

P.S. I noticed in the Eclipse help files there is a tool for the Migration of .NET components which can be accessed from either the application or the command line but unless I'm

mistaken this is for existing (pre-10.2B) workspace projects that need updating to the Version 9 Infragistics components?

All Replies

Posted by rbf on 05-Dec-2012 03:52

I cannot answer all your questions, but are you aware of the Open Edge -> Migration -> Update Assembly References menu item?

This should upgrade your assemblies.xml file (per project or per workspace I am not quite sure).

Posted by Anil Kumar on 05-Dec-2012 04:23

Hi Saquib,

Do I need to manally copy these over to the GAC and create the Toolbox myself?

No. We are not supposed to or allowed to copy the controls manually to GAC. Registering of Infragistics controls is taken care by the OpenEdge installer if both Architect and Ultra Controls (Infragistics) are installed from OpenEdge itself.

OpenEdge 10.2B ships with 9.2 infragistics version controls (9.2.20092.2017) and 10.2B04 ships with '9.2.20092.2119'.

I have few questions for you here.

1) Does OpenEdge 10.2B (before installing 04 patch) has OpenEdge Ultra controls (Infragistics)?

2) Can you also try 'Reset toolbox' operation in a new workspace for 10.2B04 installation.

Also, I have an install of OpenArchitect 10.2A (using a different workspace) which is using the V8 Infragistics components that I don't wish to effect in any way.

Installing OpenEdge 10.2B04 does not cause any problems to 10.2A workspaces or the installation.

Regarding the last question about Migration Tool, Yes it is used for upgrading the earlier workspaces (say prior 10.2B) infragistics controls to latest versions. This can be launched from OpenEdge Architect (OpenEdge -> Migration -> Update Assembly References) or we can also launch the same from commandline (proenv>updasmref)

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

Posted by saquib on 05-Dec-2012 04:57

Hi Anil,

1) Does OpenEdge 10.2B (before installing 04 patch) has OpenEdge Ultra controls (Infragistics)?

Yes it does. After the 04 patch there are at version 2119.

2) Can you also try 'Reset toolbox' operation in a new workspace for 10.2B04 installation.

I tried this but there was no change.

Thanks,

Saquib.

P.S. Is this possible a permissions issue when running the installer? Would I need to run the .exe files as Admin?

This thread is closed