ProTools in PDSOE 11.2?

Posted by Admin on 30-May-2013 04:01

In 11.1 the normal ProTools menu was accessible from Progress Developer Studio.

That was a) complete and b) customizable/extensible.

In 11.2 only a few ones are present in the OpenEdge - General ProTools menu.

Where are the othere? Like the AppServer Partition maintenence tool which is key to using the ADM2.

Adn how can I add my own existing ProTools?

All Replies

Posted by DivyaTheja on 30-May-2013 04:17

Hi Mike,

In 11.2, ProTools Menu has been divided into three categories in PDSOE.
- General ProTools
- ADM2 ProTools
- Appbuilder ProTools

General ProTools will be available under Openedge Menu in all the Perspectives where as other Protools options will be available only in OpenEdge Appbuilder perspective.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,
DivyaTheja

Posted by Admin on 30-May-2013 04:23

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks for your answer. Switching to that perspective makes those tools accessible, that's good.

Can I customize the OpenEdge Editor perspective to include the Service Parameter maintenance tool? The choice made with the defaults does not seem to be real-world project proven.

Posted by Matt Baker on 30-May-2013 08:05

Any perspective can be customized, and you can build your own as you see fit.  Right-click on the main toolbar and choose "customize perspective" where you can add/remove whatever you like.

Posted by Håvard Danielsen on 30-May-2013 08:24

Adn how can I add my own existing ProTools?

You can add your own tools to Developer Studio using the OpenEdge Customization Options.This is available from the Openedge - Tools - Customization Editor menu. Select the Menu / Toolbar extension point and press Add to define procedures the same way you could in the old ProTools. The Customization Editor was added prior to 11.2. Note that this tool is available in the Editor Perpective. There is an open bug to add it to the Appbuilder Perspective.

Posted by Admin on 30-May-2013 08:28

There are so many (more or less useful) migration tooks in PDSOE.

A migration from protools.dat to the customization tools would be nice as well.

This thread is closed