Webspeed and auditing (not with _users)

Posted by Admin on 18-Nov-2009 07:51

Any one using  webspeed and progress built in auditing...   and don't have users in the _user table..

I'e want your own user-id's to show in the audit logs..

Every request to an agent can be an new user.. with new user id..   shold we SEAL for every request..

and the security-policy is alread locked at the first request...  then the progress session do not end for an webspeed app..

so next time it's alread locked...  can we just Seal an new without register domain..  ?

I can't find any examples for this wich not uses the _user table and is for stateless webspeed applications ?

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 18-Nov-2009 08:15

There are some samples/white papers for integrating the OpenEdge auditing with Dynamics, using an external user table (ie not _USER) that might be valuable. The first one is /javascript:;

There are, I think, 5 in total. It might be easier to search by tag: openedge,                 auditing,                 code_sample should do it.

-- peter

Posted by Admin on 19-Nov-2009 02:32

Thanks... still not sure how to handle each webspeed request..    each request to webspeed agent is an new user..

but the session in already locked..    hmm just have to dig in to it deeper i guess..

Posted by kevin_saunders on 19-Nov-2009 03:29

Personally, I can't see this as being any different to maintaining context in a WebSpeed application without using the built-in auditing. Generate a unique token at the beginning of the session and pass it back and forth (cookies/hidden field) between web requests and use the token to identify the user on each request..

Posted by Admin on 19-Nov-2009 03:49

I must have done something stupid..    now it all works to change users in same session and with same locked register-domain..

Thanks for pointing me to Anthonys example..

This thread is closed