Is it possible to use USING statements and ROUTINE-LEVEL ON

Posted by JamesDev on 18-Jul-2012 19:19

Is it possible to use USING statements and ROUTINE-LEVEL ON ERROR UNDO, THROW in WebSpeed code? If so, how? If not, any workarounds?

All Replies

Posted by Paul-V on 18-Jul-2012 19:21

Dear mailer.

I will be out of the office, enjoying my holidays, until Monday, August 6, 2012.

Please contact either Peter Rietdijk, Wim Keuker or Romano Wattimena in urgent cases.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Paul Versluis.

Posted by Admin on 18-Jul-2012 22:11

Is it possible to use USING statements and ROUTINE-LEVEL ON ERROR UNDO, THROW in WebSpeed code? If so, how? If not, any workarounds?

Yes.

Go to the "Procedure Settings" dialog in the AppBuidler. There has been a button added (in 10.2B I believe) called "Declarative Statements". That's the place for your USINGs and ROUTINE-LEVEL ERROR HANDLING.

Posted by JamesDev on 09-Aug-2012 21:20

Actually that doesn't seem to work for me. I can't get into Procedure Settings with .html files. We're doing embedded speedscript, so I'm guessing that won't work?

Posted by Admin on 09-Aug-2012 22:47

Actually that doesn't seem to work for me. I can't get into Procedure Settings with .html files. We're doing embedded speedscript, so I'm guessing that won't work?

That sounds indeed like a product limitation. I'd log that as a bug with Progress Software.

This thread is closed