problem with active-window

Posted by Dries.Feys on 06-Jul-2006 11:23

In order to maintain our source tree into CVS, (OE10.1A) we wrote a little palette which executes commands on the the current active file.

For the AppBuilder, there is not really a problem : I can get all the needed info through adeuib/_uibinfo.p.

However, we were also able to use active-window in V9.1D to get the handle of the active procedure window or procedure editor.

Since version 10.1A, this no longer possible : as soon the trigger code of a non-focus button is exectuted, the active-window goes to my palette. I found a dirty workaround by using the timer ocx, and periodically copy the value of active-window to a variable.

However, I think there must be a cleaner way to get the handle of the active-window.

All Replies

Posted by Dries.Feys on 01-Aug-2006 03:19

Nobody who knows anything about this?

Posted by svi on 01-Aug-2006 15:09

Please contact Progress Technical Support, they will help you diagnose the issue (it might be a bug).

Posted by Dries.Feys on 16-Aug-2006 04:00

Acoording to your recommendation, I contacted Tech Support : It is indeed a bug & will be solved in the SP02, announced for october.

Posted by Dries.Feys on 16-Oct-2006 06:36

Unfortenately, I've received another answer from tech support : this is not a bug in oe10, it was a bug in version 9, which we abused.

So I'll relaunch my question : is there any way to get the handle of the previous active window when entering a widget on a specific window? I tried several things, but they are all catchy... I can use the timer ocx, but then I have troubles when debugging....

Posted by Dries.Feys on 16-Oct-2006 06:37

First answer of tech support was different of latest answer, and I can't find a good solution...

This thread is closed