printing problem with AT phrase after migration

Posted by Admin on 29-Oct-2006 04:58

Hello,

I'm involve in a client/server progress application migration.

Architecture :

before : client(in text mode) /server progress application on windows

now : client v10(in graphical mode) on windows, server v9 on aix v4.

I've the following problem :

before : in text mode the AT phrases are correctly interpreted and the printings are well formated.

now: with the same form code, AT phrase produces intempestive new line between values(for some printing there are a lot of columns).

exemple :

before (text mode):

each value is under the column's header label

headerLabelCol1 headerLabelCol2 headerLabelCol3 headerLabelCol4

value1................... value2....................value3...............value4

now :

value1

.................................value2

........................................................value3

.................................................................................value4

(points are there for the presentation)

for each value a AT phrase is written in order to precise the value position

i've try to keep only the first at phrase for the first value but in this case there is an expansion of the values to the right:

example :

value1.................................. value2........................... value3................. value4

I' dont understand how to manage the positions what have I missing there and how can I solve this problem (obtaining the same result as text mode)?

thank's in advance for your answer

pledreau

All Replies

Posted by Alon Blich on 29-Oct-2006 06:49

Have a look at STREAM-IO in the frame phrase, in the online help (F1), or the docs. hth

Posted by Admin on 29-Oct-2006 07:57

thank's for your answer but i've spent some time to read the documentation and I didn't find any answer(more over it's the first time that I work with progress and I haven't all the necessary knowledge to point out the problem).

For what kind of reason

something like

FORM

value1 at 5

value2 at 20

value3 at 30

produces a correct output in the text case and doesn't in the graphic one.

the output is also the same code :

output stream s_stream to value(fic)

with fic the output file name.

pledreau

Posted by Alon Blich on 29-Oct-2006 08:19

Add STREAM-IO to the WITH clause.

For example:

FORM

WITH ... STREAM-IO.

From the online help:

If you specify STREAM-IO for a frame, the USE-TEXT option is assumed and all font specifications are ignored. The frame is formatted using a fixed font in a manner appropriate for streaming to a text file or printer. In particular, all border padding for FILL-IN widgets is dropped and the default system font is used.

If you use the STREAM-IO option on the COMPILE statement, this behavior is the default for all frames in the procedure. In this case, you can override that option by specifying SCREEN-IO for an individual frame.

BTW, I think, you'll get more responses for these types of questions @progresstalk.com and also @peg.com.

HTH

Posted by Admin on 29-Oct-2006 12:36

OK, thank's

I'll try that tomorrow at work and if I need more informations I' try on the other links

pledreau

Posted by Admin on 30-Oct-2006 03:52

Hello ,

Great!!! you've got the solution, thank's a lot because I'll never thought of it...

I'm too recent in the progress programming world...

pledreau

Posted by Alon Blich on 30-Oct-2006 10:18

Glad I could help

This thread is closed