Maximize Button

Posted by Admin on 21-Feb-2007 07:31

Hello!

This is my first post in this community, but I am certain that I will be helped.

In a SmartV8Window exists a maximize button, that he is between minimize and to close of the window. This button, in the majority of my customers, enables normally but accurately in the customer who I need that he enable it does not enable.

Somebody can help me?

I am thankful since already.

Sds.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 21-Feb-2007 10:33

I need help very quickly. I'm almost losing the customer.

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 21-Feb-2007 10:54

You'll find more progress developers who can answer questions like this over on www.peg.com

Posted by Admin on 21-Feb-2007 16:04

Thanks, Tim.

Somebody else ?

Posted by Alon Blich on 22-Feb-2007 04:36

Well, you haven't given us alot to go on besides it usually works and now it doesn't.

ADM code can get pretty complicated and the AppBuilder has been known to corrupt code on some, rare occasions. In case the code starts acting funny you might want to try rebuilding the screen from zero, it sometimes solves the problem. Before you start, exit the AppBuilder, remove any AppBuilder temp files, includes etc. from the working directory and reboot the computer.

I also strongly agree with Tim. If you're going to need answers and fast and especially if your business depends on it, you should definitely become a PEG member. What's unique about PSDN is that us users can meet and talk to the product managers, engineers etc. behind the product, IMHO.

Posted by Admin on 22-Feb-2007 07:44

Alon, thanks for your reply.

I agree that the code of the ADM is complicated ... and places complicated in this!

Your suggestion (rebuild the screem from zero) cannot be accepted, because this program is very very very big and complex and was developed during more than 6 months. This button already enabled in this same program, in this same customer, but now it's doesn't enable. I have no ideas ...

I go to become a PEG member as soon as possible.

Thanks for all that had helped me.

Posted by Admin on 22-Feb-2007 08:02

Wow ...

PEG is a pay service ...

Somebody knows one way to becomes a member of PEG community without spend some money or knows another online community that help me ?

Thanks.

Posted by kevin_saunders on 22-Feb-2007 08:14

PEG paid membership is not REQUIRED but strongly encouraged. Subscriptions to the mailing lists do not require payment.

Posted by Alon Blich on 22-Feb-2007 08:25

You won't get cut off but it is required, not encouraged.

It's worth it's value several times over.

If you don't want to pay for the service, there's ProgressTalk or the docs and try coping with the problem on your own.

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 22-Feb-2007 08:34

Wow ...

PEG is a pay service ...

Somebody knows one way to becomes a member of PEG

community without spend some money or knows another

online community that help me ?

You can join the mailing lists and use it w/out paying, but the cost of membership is trivial compared to the level of service and what you'll learn from other progress professionals.

You get what you pay for.

Posted by Admin on 22-Feb-2007 09:18

Which is the way to obtain a free account ?

Posted by Admin on 22-Feb-2007 11:20

http://www.peg.com/lists/subscribe.html

You are required to pay, but it will be understood if you are (say) employed in an economically poor nation on a low salary and don't. Otherwise, you should.

http://www.peg.com/jointoday.html

It is the main independent Progress tech help resource, and well worth the money to anyone on a 'Western' salary.

Posted by Admin on 22-Feb-2007 11:22

You can obtain a free account for the mailing list by going here and signing up

http://www.peg.com/lists/subscribe.html

select all the mailing list that apply to you.

Each one has an email address, and all you have to do is send an email to that address

in plain text format. Once your done the replies will start coming in like crazy. Trust me

Im an entry level programmer and i love it. Very useful.

Posted by Admin on 22-Feb-2007 11:30

also another good site to use has a bunch of code samples and so is

http://www.oehive.org/

Posted by Admin on 22-Feb-2007 11:32

On the original point, are you saying that the r code distributed is the same on two pc's, but behaves differently on each (look at the size and modified dates)?

If so, this means that something is probably either different with the environment (eg. a platform bug), or the data (eg. IF dataValue ... THEN enable the Maximize button).

You should be able to rule out certain options by creating a simple SmartWindow, and running it on the problem PC with the Maximized toggle ticked and unticked, then repeating it in code, eg. wWin:MAXIMIZE-BUTTON = ENABLED (off the top of my head - may be incorrect syntax, also I don't know ADM1) before the window is realised, just to demonstrate that the problem PC doesn't object to MAXIMIZE buttons in principle (I don't see why it should).

Posted by Admin on 22-Feb-2007 12:22

Oh, and don't forget the old "do'h! it was picking up a different file in the propath" bug.

Posted by Admin on 27-Feb-2007 05:13

hehehe

I'm certain that propath is correct.

I'm thankful for the aid that was given to me.

Best regards.

This thread is closed