OpenClient Question (proxy)

Posted by jquerijero on 28-Nov-2007 14:34

We have an OpenClient DLL that we used for our web application which when a connection to the AppServer is initiated start-up procedures are ran. This work fine in this case; however, when I use the same DLL in a desktop application the start-up procedures don't run when a connection to the AppServer is made.

Any clue?

All Replies

Posted by jquerijero on 28-Nov-2007 15:06

I found out the problem.

Since we are using the same AppServer for both of the Web and Desktop applications, the Desktop application is picking up deprecated AppServer connection stranded by the Web app.

One solution is to have a separate AppServer for the Web app. Web app seems to always spawn a new AppServer connection.

Posted by Admin on 28-Nov-2007 15:33

What's the operating mode of you appserver? Sounds like you're running state-reset (the default). If then in addition you instanciate the proxy with each web request (creating a new instance of your AppObject) at the end of each request the AppObject that represents the connection to the AppServer gets disposed. That causes the state-reset appserver to shut down and a new appserver will be started for the next request.

That will kill your performance (once you get a certain volume of requests).

The issue with the windows app might be that you connect once and issue multiple requests through the same connection. So the window app will not pick up a depreciated appserver >connection

I suggest you review what you are doing in that loaded persistent procedures. You should also have a look at activate and deactivate procedures, cause the run before and after each single request - taking care of the context.

Mike

This thread is closed