webclient

Posted by sharadksingh67 on 02-Dec-2008 23:51

Dear All,

I am deploying my OE10.2a GUI application using webclient. When I create new version of application and deploy it on webclient, it does not get updated on the client machine automatically. It has to be uninstalled and again installed on the client machine manually.

Pl suggest the solution.

Regards.

Sharad

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 03-Dec-2008 00:10

Just to make sure: Did you increase the version number of the application?

At application startup the client downloads a descriptive file from the server and compares the version. If 1.0.0 is installed and 1.0.0 is returned by the server, no update is required.

That has usually been the error when clients of mine complaint about webclient applications not getting updated...

Posted by sharadksingh67 on 03-Dec-2008 00:26

Dear Mike,

Thanks for reply,

The version number of the application has been increased, even then client machine is not updating the application.

regards.

Posted by Admin on 03-Dec-2008 00:44

Ok. And did you upload the new generated .prowcapp file to the webserver (specified by the prowcapp url in the webclient application assembler?). That's the URL the client uses to download that file - so that's where the updated (new generated version of that file) needs to be available when launching the application.

Did you mark the new application version as mandatory?

Did the behaviour change from an earlier Version of Progress?

Posted by sharadksingh67 on 03-Dec-2008 03:01

-Newly generated .prowcapp file was uploaded to webserver.

-I am not clear how to mark new application version as mandatory? Pl specify.

thanks

Posted by Admin on 03-Dec-2008 03:16

After choosing the Generate button in the webclient assembles, there is a Version button.

Don't mark previous versions as acceptable to run. Then the user needs to update.

But in your situation I really have the feeling, that the webclient does not pick up the updated prowcapp file during the launch. If you double-checked that already, I suggest to open a case with tech-support...

Posted by sharadksingh67 on 03-Dec-2008 05:04

thanks for supports..

problem solved..

Posted by sharadksingh67 on 03-Dec-2008 05:08

Now i want to disable prompt for authentication information dialog.

please refer attachment file.

this dialog appears at client when version on server is changed...

please suggest how to suppress this screen on client system.

waiting for your valuable suggestion

This thread is closed