Dataset input parameter as XML/SOAP

Posted by Admin on 13-Apr-2009 10:43

Hi,

I'm just a newbie in dataset/progress. I have a couple of questions. I have defined a dataset with some temp-tables, they all related to the same foreign key. Look below for an example:

[ procedure exposeWSDS]

ttOrder

field ordernumber as int   XML-NODE-TYPE "hidden"

field order.... and so on...

ttOrderLine

field ordernumber as int XML-NODE-TYPE "hidden"

field linenumber as int... and so on.....

DEFINE DATASET dsOrd FOR ttorder, ttorderLine
     DATA-RELATION dsOrderRel FOR ttOrder, ttOrderLine
     RELATION-FIELDS (ordernumber, ordernumber) NESTED.

DEFINE INPUT PARAMETER DATASET FOR dsord.

[end procedure exposeWSDS]

This procedure is exposed as a webservice with the tool proxygen. Like you can see the foreign keys are hidden elements. This means that the sender doesn't sends the foreignkeys..But I need the foreign keys to relate the temp-tables, so how i can realize this? Is there possibility when you create a temp-table that a trigger will activate and fillin the ordernumber (random) automatically. No I get for each ordernumber the value 0. Perhaps there is another design that you can implement. I appreciate your help!

Regards,

Buras

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 13-Apr-2009 12:30

When on 10.2A, I'd rather use the FOREIGN-KEY-HIDDEN attribute of the data-relation (together with NESTED).

This hides the foreign keys when writing out to XML and populates the foreign keys values with the parent records values when reading from XML.

Posted by Freddy Boisseau on 13-Apr-2009 14:00

I have a related question.  I have created my webservice operations, one of which allows the client to post back changes made to a dataset.  In the temp table definations, I created a BI table for each of the tables.  The problem is I am not sure how the client handles the manipulation of the BI table data.  Is there any sample code that shows how it it handled on a generic client?  We are going to be using ASP .Net, but I want to know how a client that is using just XML to handle the data, would go about it.

Thank you

Posted by Admin on 13-Apr-2009 14:36

Hello Mike,

I'm using 10.2A. The disadvantage of FOREIGN-KEY-HIDDEN is that is only one level deep. That means that the outer parent is still using a key, but the children are not. And if you have grandchildren than the parent must have a key also.  Another thing is that when you use proxygenerator, FOREIGN-KEY-HIDDEN are ignored.

My purpose is to make a customized XML that can be used to exchange information. I want to consume this similair xml:

Temp-tables are: ttorder, ttcustomer, ttarticle, ttunitinformation (all share one foreign key (ordernumber), but I don't want the foreign key be public).

DEFINE DATASET dsOrd FOR ttorder, ttcustomer, ttarticle,ttunitinformation
    DATA-RELATION ttOrderRel FOR ttOrder, ttcustomer
    RELATION-FIELDS (ordernumber, ordernumber)
    DATA-RELATION ttOrderRel2 FOR ttorder, ttarticle

DATA-RELATION ttOrderRel2 FOR ttarticle, ttunitinformation

Posted by Admin on 15-Apr-2009 13:46

You can use SOAPUI client (free tool on the net)  to test webservice. If have you used Proxygen, then a wsdl will be generated. You can simply test the WSDL with SOAPUI and simulate the client.

Posted by Freddy Boisseau on 15-Apr-2009 14:05

I have a tool to test the webservice.  I am asking a question about how the client and the service should handle the before image table when a change is made.

This thread is closed