Attaching a data source to a flex grid.

Posted by ojfoggin on 29-May-2009 08:38

Hi again,

I'm trying to attach a data source to a flex grid using theDataSource property but I don't know how to get a temp table and turn it into a data source.

Can someone show me how please?

Thanks

Oliver

P.S. Ever wish you could click your fingers and know how to do something?!

All Replies

Posted by ojfoggin on 29-May-2009 08:39

Oh, I'm using Progress 10.1B IIRC.

Thanks

Posted by Admin on 29-May-2009 08:41

Is upgrading to 10.2A and using a .NET BindingSource/.NET Version of the Grid an option?

Progress does not support Data-Binding for Active X controls.

Posted by ojfoggin on 29-May-2009 08:46

If I was the only developer then that would be something I would have done a long time ago.

However, we have a team of several developers and I (the newest of them after 7 months) am the only one with any sort of OO programming experience.

Even then I have tried to create a very simple window using the .Net stuff but didnt' get very far.  Mainly because I was doing it when I was supposed to eb doing something else.

TBH I think we may actually be on 10.2A so maybe I could give it another go.

Thanks!

Posted by ojfoggin on 29-May-2009 09:19

In fact, I don't even know how to define a temp table in the .NET stuff so I've really got no hope in hell of creating a .NET thing without any time to sit and go through it when I haven't got other things to be doing.

Is there some sort of online resource similar to the 4GL Essentials books that I can have a look through.

Posted by Admin on 29-May-2009 09:28

A short sample for .NET:

DEFINE VARIABLE oBindingSource AS Progress.Data.BindingSource NO-UNDO .

DEFINE TEMP-TABLE ttXyz ......

DEFINE QUERY qQuery FOR ttXyz SCROLLING .

OPEN QUERY qQuery FOR EACH ttXyz .

oBindingSource = NEW Progress.Data.BindingSource (QUERY qQuery:HANDLE) .

flxGrid1:DataSource = oBindingSource .

The GUI for .NET "bible" can be found here: http://communities.progress.com/pcom/docs/DOC-16315

This thread is closed