Limit on list-item-pairs

Posted by Admin on 24-Jun-2009 04:23

I am running into an issue where assigning a list-item-pairs causes a GPF.  Not directly, but when I run an OCX the application crashes.  If the list is 4033 (46 pairs) in length it's ok but at 4106 (47 pairs) it crashes when I run the OCX.

Is there some client startup parameter that will allow the list to be larger?  The full list is currently 79 pairs.

I posted this to the peg, but as this code is due for release that must occur on 1st July I am raising it here as well.

I have since reduced the length of each list item and can now run with the 79 pairs.  However, there is an available and selected list and initially only available is populated.  So as the selected grows I can run into the issue again.  The available list could also grow.

I can't change the method at present i.e. a selection-list.  I suspect that the OCX must be using a lot of memory and will also check that out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Miles

All Replies

Posted by davidkerkhofs3 on 24-Jun-2009 04:44

What OCX is on the window?

Posted by Admin on 24-Jun-2009 07:00

A Quick Address (QAS) ocx ProWebX.ocx.

Posted by davidkerkhofs3 on 24-Jun-2009 07:19

And without the OCX it runs fine I guess?

Did you open a case with TechSupport? Don't hesitate to do so if you have a GPF.

Posted by Admin on 24-Jun-2009 07:40

Yes it's fine without the ocx.  It was after 5pm when I properly identified the issue and I need a quick fix.  They were to start preparing the installation today and have delayed for this issue.  There are similar occurances in other windows but this is the only one crashing so far.  This is on 10.1C01 and we had a very similar error with a dataset bind that I moved from an IP to main.  I tested that one under 10.1C03 and it didn't break although it worked sometimes anyway under 10.1C01.  I can't easily test this one under 10.1C03 and we can't upgrade now.  We should upgrade to at least 10.1C04 after this release or the next release that is on the heals of this one.

I did try and reset the pairs after each use but memory mustn't free as I suspected.

Is there any other tuning that I can do?

I'll catch up in the morning and hopefully somebody will have a brain storm over my night.

This thread is closed