Digital signature in ABL

Posted by ksv on 17-May-2010 03:42

There's a necessity to implement processing of digital signatures in ABL. As I understand ABL doesn't have any native means to work with digital certificates needed for digital signature. What workarounds exist? I'm considering using Java for doing that. Any ideas are welcome.

TIA

All Replies

Posted by gus on 17-May-2010 14:03

Can you elaborate a bit on your requirements?

What do you want to be able to sign?

What standards do you need to conform to?

What will you do with the things you sign once you have signed them?

-gus

Posted by ksv on 18-May-2010 02:37

Hello Gus!

>> What do you want to be able to sign?

Well, I want to sign a hash values of some fields in DB, for instance those which contain amounts, accounts and the other sensitive data to prevent them from spoiling. In addition to that I want to sign all customer reports in my application to prevent them from faking.

>> What standards do you need to conform to?

Ideally I need to conform to the national standards, but in many cases conforming to X.509 standard will be enough.

>> What will you do with the things you sign once you have signed them?

I'm going to keep a digital signature of signed things in DB and validate it whenever it'll be necessary.

Anyway my investigations in that area confirmed that the best way to do that is use Java Cryptography Architecture (JCA) which seems to contain all things I will need including a capacity to embed crypto drivers conforming to the national standards.

This thread is closed