Installing/Enabling the NameServer Load Balancer

Posted by chrisrichardson on 12-Aug-2010 04:11

Can anyone let me know how and where to install the load balancer from (or point me in the direction of any suitable documentation).  I've looked through the OE Install & Config guides and I'm unsure even if it is installed with our installation full stop.

The following line is in the nameserver log file:

[10/05/21@15:15:13.382+0100] P-003115 T-main 2 NS NSPlumbing Load Balancing Disabled For NameServer NS1. (8200)

Error 8200 is:

Load Balancing Disabled For NameServer <NameServer>. (8200)

This is an informational message indicating that the Load Balancing option

has not been installed at this site, so load balancing is not enabled for

this NameServer. Any attempt by a Broker to register for an Application Server

which already has a Broker registered for it will be rejected.

Trying to configure and test this in our dev environment.  Version OE10.2B, running on Solaris.  We are licensed for OE Application Svr Ent & OE Enterprise RDBMS (+ a load of other stuff).

Thanks,

Chris

All Replies

Posted by Roy Ellis on 12-Aug-2010 06:40

Hi Chris,

the NameServer Load Balancer is a separate license.  It must be installed with the NameServer product (which can be installed separately itself or as part of other products, like Enterprise Application Server).  If you run $DLC/bin/showcfg $DLC/progress.cfg and don't see a license for NameServer Load Balancer then you don't have the necessary license.  The license can be added to your current install; just run the install again and only add the Load Balancer license to your current install location.

Regards,  Roy

Posted by chrisrichardson on 12-Aug-2010 09:15

Thanks Roy,

When you say separate license, are you referring to an additional license that we would probably need to purchase?

Chris

Posted by Roy Ellis on 12-Aug-2010 09:33

Chris,

Sorry, yes, it is a license you have purchase.  It is not included with any other products (like Enterprise Application Server or Enterprise Database).

Regards, Roy

Posted by chrisrichardson on 12-Aug-2010 10:11

*** dislike ***

Thanks for the info Roy.  I'll contact our sales rep for further details.

Chris

This thread is closed