Editor - F5

Posted by Admin on 28-Jan-2011 08:34

I have an Editor box on my form.

And I have in the Enable Rule to Disable it upon certain conditions.

But unfortunatly the user can press the F5 key to bring up the list of items to select from.

How do i disable the F5 from bring up the list also?

Thank you.

All Replies

Posted by kevin_saunders on 28-Jan-2011 08:43

Add an "F5" trigger with the ANYWHERE option and test whether to respond or not. If you don't want to respond, use the RETURN NO-APPLY statement.

Posted by Admin on 28-Jan-2011 08:51

Please forgive me but I am still green at Progress development and I am working with the UniFi system (if you are familiar with it).

So as much help as you can provide would be appreciated. (on both postings).

Thank you,

Dorian Chalom, Systems Analyst

Independent Bank

Mortgage Information Technologies Department

4200 East Beltline NE

Grand Rapids, MI  49525                                                                 

(616)447-3900 Ext. 43033

mailto:dchalom@ibcp.com

IndependentBank.com

Impress every customer every day, every time.

Privacy Statement:

This message may contain confidential information that is protected under state and/or federal law.  If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by fax or email and delete this message.  If you properly received this message, you may use its contents only in strict accordance with our instructions and privacy policy.

If any person makes a false or misleading representation to obtain customer information, that person may have committed a federal crime, and we may report that person to the proper authorities.

Posted by kevin_saunders on 28-Jan-2011 09:15

I don't know UniFi, I'm afraid.

For the F5 trigger, the code would look something like:

ON "F5":U ANYWHERE
DO:
    /* code to check if valid */

IF NOT ....

RETURN NO-APPLY.
END.

So, anytime the user presses the F5 key, the trigger will fire. If the event should not be handled, then the RETURN NO-APPLY will be executed.

With the other question:

fill-in-name:READ-ONLY = TRUE.

is all you need.

Posted by Admin on 28-Jan-2011 09:41

Thank you...this is my new favorite site for help...

Thank you very much.

Thank you,

Independent Bank

4200 East Beltline NE

Grand Rapids, MI  49525                                                                 

(616)447-3900 Ext. 43033

IndependentBank.com

Privacy Statement:

This message may contain confidential information that is protected under state and/or federal law.  If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by fax or email and delete this message.  If you properly received this message, you may use its contents only in strict accordance with our instructions and privacy policy.

If any person makes a false or misleading representation to obtain customer information, that person may have committed a federal crime, and we may report that person to the proper authorities.

Posted by Admin on 28-Jan-2011 15:21

The Read-Only worked like a champ....

Thank you,

Independent Bank

4200 East Beltline NE

Grand Rapids, MI  49525                                                                 

(616)447-3900 Ext. 43033

IndependentBank.com

Privacy Statement:

Posted by Admin on 28-Jan-2011 15:51

Not so much luck with the F5 issue yet...

Thank you,

Independent Bank

4200 East Beltline NE

Grand Rapids, MI  49525                                                                 

(616)447-3900 Ext. 43033

IndependentBank.com

Privacy Statement:

Posted by kevin_saunders on 31-Jan-2011 03:54

Where are you putting the F5 trigger? Does the trigger fire when hitting the F5 key?

Posted by Admin on 01-Feb-2011 10:16

Sorry it took a while to get back to you...

I have the F5 trigger in the Enable procedure of the control.

It does execute that code...I do have a Message statement before it.

But when I hit the F5 key it still brings up the lookup form.

procedure enable-{&buff}lt-master.lt0000_ch012{&element}:

def input parameter ip-mode as c no-undo.

def input parameter ip-wh as widget-handle no-undo.

MESSAGE "F5".

ON "F5":U ANYWHERE

DO:

MESSAGE "F5-ON".

RETURN NO-APPLY.

END.

FIND FIRST ucp-employee WHERE ucp-employee.emp-cd = gv-emp-cd NO-LOCK NO-ERROR.

IF NOT AVAILABLE ucp-employee OR lookup("admin",ucp-employee.key-groups) = 0 THEN

run disable-this-field(ip-wh).

else if not (can-do(gv-user-keys,"supervisor") = true) and

not(ucp-employee.key-groups matches("Admin"))

then do:

run disable-this-field(ip-wh).

end.

return "".

end.

Thank you,

Independent Bank

4200 East Beltline NE

Grand Rapids, MI  49525                                                                 

(616)447-3900 Ext. 43033

IndependentBank.com

Privacy Statement:

Posted by kevin_saunders on 02-Feb-2011 03:30

Try putting the trigger in the main block - I'm pretty sure the trigger is going out of scope in that procedure.

Posted by danielStafford on 02-Feb-2011 07:32

In your start procedure:

ON F1,F2,F3,F4,F5 ANYWHERE PUBLISH 'functionKeyPressed'.

Subscribe in your current procedure:

SUBSCRIBE TO 'functionKeyPressed' ANYWHERE.

PROCEDURE functionKeyPressed:

CASE LASTKEY:

WHEN KEYCODE('F5') THEN

MESSSAGE "F5 PRESSED".

END CASE.

END PROCEDURE.

Posted by Admin on 02-Feb-2011 09:56

Sorry still no luck...

It is like the code surrounding my code is invoking the F5 key to open the lookup after my code executes...

Thank you,

Independent Bank

4200 East Beltline NE

Grand Rapids, MI  49525                                                                 

(616)447-3900 Ext. 43033

IndependentBank.com

Privacy Statement:

This thread is closed