LDAP Authentication

Posted by Admin on 17-Jan-2008 10:29

I am trying to research using LDAP for database access and authentication. I found this thread: but I can't find the code referenced in it. I think I am looking for the WinLdapAuth.p file, and it would appear that I am looking for the ldapauth.zip file. I have searched for some time without success. If I am missing something obvious I apologize. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

All Replies

Posted by Michael Jacobs on 21-Jan-2008 10:42

Our apologies, something happened with the link to the LDAP white-paper and sample ABL code files. We are working to correct this and create a new link to the information. We will post the correct link as soon as we can.

Michael Jacobs

OpenEdge

Posted by svi on 21-Jan-2008 10:49
Posted by Michael Jacobs on 22-Jan-2008 10:20

We have reposted the LDAP in an ABL application white-paper, along with its sample ABL application code. You can find the information them at:

http://www.psdn.com/library/entry.jspa?categoryID=1700&externalID=4587

Posted by Admin on 22-Jan-2008 12:13

Salvador: Thanks, I had seen that thread.

Michael: That is just what I was looking for, thanks!

Scott

Posted by Admin on 26-Jan-2009 09:56

Hi I amtrying to use this code in a 64-bit Unix environment, but it is crashing out on the call to 'ldap_count_entries' following the call to 'ldap_search_s'. I have tried modifying the code for 64-bit by setting the OSPointerSize to 8. Any thoughts as to what should be looking at to solve this?

Posted by Michael Jacobs on 03-Feb-2009 07:46

I've added a 64bit Unix LDAP module (UnixLDAPAuth64.zip) to the above URL

http://www.psdn.com/library/entry.jspa?categoryID=1700&externalID=4587.

This is an conversion of the original UnixLDAPAuth.p to use the ABL's ability to manage 64bit values and memory pointers. The module was tested on a Solaris and Linux 64bit platform. At this time use UnixLDAPAuth.p for 32bit hardware and UnixLDAPAuth64.p for 64bit hardware.

If you run into problems, send a post to this thread.

Posted by Admin on 03-Feb-2009 08:14

Thanks Michael - works a treat.

Posted by Admin on 25-Aug-2009 08:26

I am trying to get to the links posted in this thread but all get is the search page. What's the secret to viewing these docs?

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 25-Aug-2009 11:47

The links are undoubtedly from the old version of this site.  Unless someone pops up with the correct current version, you are probably going to have to search.

Posted by Michael Jacobs on 05-Apr-2010 12:24

The web links were changed... again.   The original white-paper, source code, examples, and 64 bit update is still available but a different location.

http://communities.progress.com/pcom/docs/DOC-45878

Please try this link.  You should be taken to a page titled

LDAP User Authentication in an ABL environment

That page's contents should include three download files for the white-paper, souce code, and 64 bit version.

I'll check back to see if you have successfully found the information.

Mike Jacobs

Posted by K4sh on 27-Jul-2010 03:47

Hi there,

I have been using without any problem LDAP authentification.

By now one of our customer will need LDAPS authentification. I have seen that SSL secured authentification

is possible with the tool provided. By now i don't know anything about SSL.

What is needed to use ssl options provided by the tool ?

Any web server SSL configuration ? LDAP SSL server configuration ? Authentification page with SSL code ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Posted by Etienne Begin on 30-Mar-2011 09:36

Hi,

I'm trying to make SSL work as well.  I get an LDAP simple bind error 91 when trying to authenticate.  I believe this is because I am not passing certificate.

We have an old C program which does SSL LDAP authentication.  I would like to replace it with an ABL solution. 

If someone could give us an example call using LDAPS that would be great.

Thanks,

Etienne.

Posted by cpcs on 04-May-2011 11:09

Can you use this to validate any user, not just the one that logged into with work station. I have an application where one machine is used by many users and when they start the progress client session I would like to ask them for their user-id and password, and then check the networks LDAP server to make sure they are valid users.

This thread is closed