NO-UNDO and not using NO-UNDO.

Posted by Admin on 20-Jun-2011 07:12

1.     Can and one demonstrate two example codes which  differentiate the cases of using NO-UNDO and not using NO-UNDO.

U

All Replies

Posted by rohit.ramak on 20-Jun-2011 08:55

Sir, do you have access to progress documentation / help pages ?

Posted by Admin on 20-Jun-2011 08:59

Sounds like he's in a test and needs fast results....

Posted by Admin on 20-Jun-2011 23:19

hi mike,

you are correct. apart from this i am trying to make this forums more helpful too. please can you provide me a good solution on this topic.

Posted by Admin on 20-Jun-2011 23:29

What kind of test? And don't you think the one who tests you might be on this forum too?

DEFINE VARIABLE i AS INTEGER     NO-UNDO.

DEFINE VARIABLE j AS INTEGER     /* UNDO */.

DO  TRANSACTION:

ASSIGN i = 42 /* will persist after UNDO */

j = 43 /* will be reset after UNDO */.

UNDO, LEAVE .

END.

MESSAGE i SKIP j

VIEW-AS ALERT-BOX INFO BUTTONS OK.

And of course: http://documentation.progress.com/output/OpenEdge102b/pdfs/gsabl/gsabl.pdf or http://documentation.progress.com/output/OpenEdge102b/pdfs/dvref/dvref.pdf

Posted by Admin on 20-Jun-2011 23:34

No, its really not a test. They are assignments for me. So we can do the assignments by taking the information as much as possible.

and thank u mike for ur solution.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 21-Jun-2011 00:18

The reason that people suspect a test ... one for which you are obviously not prepared ... is that the questions are not merely basic, but that there is no evidence of your having consulted the documentation or tried any experiments.  We have all been new once and, more to the point, we have all been in the position of knowing about some things and not others.  But, some evidence of having tried to solve the problem yourself, e.g.., some reference to the documentation and some particular aspect you didn't find clear or a dubious example (there are many) or a specific piece of code where you don't understand the behavior despite having considered and probably experimented ... that would go a long way to having people be interested in helping.  Without that, there is the appearance of trying to get answers without doing any work of your own.

Posted by Admin on 21-Jun-2011 00:24

having consulted the documentation or tried any experiments

Just in case it wasn't clear: For this purpose I provided you with the links to the most relevant parts of the documentation...

This thread is closed