Knowledge Base

Posted by anandknr on 02-Dec-2011 12:42

Hi all,

Previously i was using an online version of Knowledge Base from progress.com. Now it seems the url is no longer valid or they have updated their site.

Any have a working url  for the same ?

All Replies

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 02-Dec-2011 12:53

See http://communities.progress.com/pcom/thread/45703?tstart=0

Posted by anandknr on 07-Dec-2011 01:55

Earlier we had the option to search by ErrorId , Error Code, Error Desc ....etc etc..which is some thing missing in the new url,atleast to me...!

Posted by dlauzon on 07-Dec-2011 06:28

I agree with you.  It is much harder to find stuff about specific errors now (which is mostly why I come to the Knowledge base).

Posted by rbf on 07-Dec-2011 07:21

+1

Posted by cer4400495 on 07-Dec-2011 07:24

I 'm also agree with you.  It is impossible to find errors in the to the Knowledge base.
The old KB with the option to search by ErrorId , Error Code, Error Desc was very pratical. We could find solution very easily.

Now, i try to find somthing since 10h this morning ...

I hope progress will restablish the former operation of the kb to help us...

Xavier.

Posted by JOHNZ on 08-Dec-2011 15:47

I agree with the sentiment expressed by others here.  The older Knowledge Base was quick and dirty; the newer interface is sanitized and somewhat lacking.  Searches are sometimes inaccurate, incomplete or at times, just not helpful.   For example, if you search on "Open Edge Explorer does not launch" you receive your question repeated as a subject line, and the same line again as a sort of "preview."  If you're trying to scan multiple answers for the best solutions, this is not helpful.   Is there a Profile or view modification for the KB?

Posted by rohit.ramak on 08-Dec-2011 23:41

I've more at peace with the desktop ProKb.

Posted by Admin on 09-Dec-2011 00:45

rohit.ramak schrieb:

I've more at peace with the desktop ProKb.

Unless you are using some historical release of Progress I doubt that this peace will last long. The desktop ProKB will not receive updates anymore.

Posted by dlauzon on 09-Dec-2011 06:20

And I think that not acting quickly on that KB issue will cost Progress a lot of unecessary Support Case (at least from me ).  Already, I searched a couple of issues, did not find a satisfying answer, opened a Support Case, they found pertinent KB entries that solved my problem.  That rarely occured when the KB search was powerful enough (i.e. when I opened a Support Case, the solution was not already in the KB).

Posted by rohit.ramak on 09-Dec-2011 09:58

Bummer !! :(

This thread is closed