regex

Posted by jmls on 06-Jul-2011 01:25

Wondering if anybody is using or knows of an easy to use regex library that is available under windows and *nix

Thanks

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 06-Jul-2011 01:41

Wondering if anybody is using or knows of an easy to use regex library that is available under windows and *nix

Maybe you should go for two different implementations and use your own wrapper around them providing the implementation on the current platform.

.NET on Windows, probably a .so or shell command on Unix

Posted by bronco on 16-May-2012 03:47

Did you ever find something? I'm looking for something similar, preferably the Perl style of regex.

Posted by jmls on 16-May-2012 03:52

urrgh, no. I did start playing around with a wrapper as Mike suggested, but never finished it. I'll see if I can dust it off and clean it up

What platform ?

Posted by bronco on 16-May-2012 03:59

Well, the use case is that I want to be able to use regex to validate user input on both client & server. Validating on the client (html) save me a roundtrip and on the server because you never know. On the server side we're aiming to support both windows & linux.

The Perl style regex is supported on JavaScript and .NET, so if only I have a .so for linux that support Perl style as well then I'm happy! Fortunatly the Perl regex seems to be the most common.

Posted by bronco on 16-May-2012 04:00

PS. It's not how to implement the dll & so in 4GL I'm after. In matter of fact, I'm only looking for a Perl style .so

I thought you might have found one

Posted by rbf on 16-May-2012 04:10

Maybe now that PSC is focusing on OpenEdge again they can finally give us this in the language...

Posted by bronco on 16-May-2012 04:12

I'm pretty sure I can't wait that long

Posted by rbf on 16-May-2012 04:13

bfvo wrote:

I'm pretty sure I can't wait that long

Of course but I am not asking this just for you and your current issue.

This thread is closed