OpenEdge 10.1c - AppServer, name of the machine from which t

Posted by 302218 on 13-Jun-2012 02:16

Dear all,

I am trying to figure out a way to identify the name of the machine from which the client connect originated on the AppServer ( precisely in the connection trigger procedure ). So far I had no luck and I was wondering whether it is possible at all. Does anybody know how this could be achieved?

Thanks in Advance and Best Regards, Richard.

All Replies

Posted by 302218 on 13-Jun-2012 02:19

Sorry forgot to mention: The reason why I need the information is because I have a requirement that the authentication of the client needs to be different when the connection is originating from the same host ( localhost ) than from a different machine.

Posted by Peter Judge on 13-Jun-2012 07:45

302218 wrote:

Dear all,

I am trying to figure out a way to identify the name of the machine from which the client connect originated on the AppServer ( precisely in the connection trigger procedure ). So far I had no luck and I was wondering whether it is possible at all. Does anybody know how this could be achieved?

I think you'd have to pass in the client host name as part of the CONNECT() extra info. I don't believe this information is available automatically, even in OE11 with the new SESSION:CURRENT-REQUEST-INFO stuff. Sounds like it would make a good enhancement though.

-- peter

Posted by 302218 on 13-Jun-2012 08:24

Hello Peter,

thanks for your quick response. That is something I already thought about - but that is too easy to spoof. I the request originates from the localhost then I can use some lightweight authentication whereas when it not orginates from localhost I must do a full blown strong authentication ...

Thanks and Best Regards, Richard.

This thread is closed