UltraGrid Problem

Posted by jmls on 27-Jul-2008 10:54

I've got the following problem trying to use the ultragrid component: the attached error appears when I try and drop the component on the form.

Anyone seen this ?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

Help! I cannot use the UltraGrid. I can use the MS DataGrid, however ...

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 27-Jul-2008 11:01

Haven't seen that (glad, I am).

The message seems to come from the UltraGrid-Wizzard. If you move away the Wizzard (if it opened) and the Exception Dialog, do you see the grid on the design canvas or not?

If everything goes right, you should see the grid under the wizzard.

In any case, I'd open a call with tech-support.

Posted by Simon de Kraa on 27-Jul-2008 12:26

Does the component itself still works?

QueryBinding.p should give you a sports2000.Customer grid...

Posted by jmls on 27-Jul-2008 12:54

Nope, I get a nasty looking message. See attached.

Posted by jmls on 27-Jul-2008 13:13

Ooooohhhh that's interesting. On a whim I decided to start a new workbench (new directory). Created new project, new form

Added Ultragrid. It appeared, no problems.

So, there must be a problem somewhere with the .metadata in my original project.

* jmls goes a'hunting

Posted by jmls on 27-Jul-2008 13:28

Ok, fixed the problem ! Yay who needs tech support ??

I deleted my assemblies.xml and toolbox.xml files and restarted OEA.

It all works now.

There must have been something borked in them. Dammit, didn't save them either for tech support to have a look at.

Oh well.

* jmls starts coding again.

Wife! more beer !

Posted by Simon de Kraa on 27-Jul-2008 14:48

Hhmm, I think I got the same message at some point... I think when I ran the procedure in a new procedure editor next to OE Architect... Ah well...

Posted by Admin on 27-Jul-2008 15:16

Makes sense! Then you probably ended with running the .NET WAIT-FOR (WAIT-FOR System.Windows.Forms.Application:Run) while the code is resting in a WAIT-FOR some ABL widget/event (the procedure editor window).

This has been discussed during the TP releases a couple of times. You should only be using .NET Controls from within that .NET WAIT-FOR. I guess somebody from PSC can shed some light on the status of this issue. If I remember correctly, the plan was to introduce an error message when the code runs in such constellation.

For that reason it's so important to start your migration with the main menu screen. From my point of view, this is an acceptable limitation.

Posted by jmls on 27-Jul-2008 15:19

yah, all I did was paste the code into a procedure editor run from the "procedure editor" button in OEA.

Can't see why that should be a problem..

Posted by Simon de Kraa on 27-Jul-2008 15:52

When I copy/paste the code in a new procedure editor I'm getting:

Invalid datatype specified: UltraGrid. Specify a datatype such as 'character' or the name of a class. (5638)

• Could not understand line 12. (196)

USING Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.*.

DEFINE VARIABLE rCustGrid AS UltraGrid NO-UNDO.

Any idea why Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGrid cannot be found?

Posted by jmls on 27-Jul-2008 15:56

Is infragistics in your assembly.xml file ?

Posted by Simon de Kraa on 27-Jul-2008 16:25

My assembly.xml file.........

Hold on, I think this is the right moment to RTM...

Posted by Matt Baker on 27-Jul-2008 21:49

Simon,

A new procedure editor (I assume started from the command line or from the start menu shortcut) won't have the needed assembly references to use the Infragistics stuff. You'll need to create yourself custom shortcut that has the -assemblies parameter specified. Check the docs for usage.

You can build an assemblies.xml file outside of OEA using the ProAsmRef.exe tool in the install/bin directory.

This thread is closed