Procedure editor corruption

Posted by jmls on 27-Jul-2008 16:03

Has anyone else had a problem with the procedure editor started from the OEA ? I often get corruption (pasting does not show, but is there, text in the wrong place etc)

All Replies

Posted by vancejohnson2 on 27-Jul-2008 21:24

I had that problem with the TP, but I haven't witnessed it so far in the beta. That might be a result of my wariness. There seems to be a problem with switching back and forth from the designer to the procedure editor and vice versa. This is particularly evident when your class file has a large number of controls. For example, if you make a change in the procedure editor and switch to the designer, there often is no indication that anything is going on. The Properties/Event panel turns white, but it still allows you to make changes, which will be lost after the designer recovers. For now, I just patiently wait until the P/E panel repaints.

Posted by Shelley Chase on 31-Jul-2008 14:23

Please log a bug that you are able to make changes when the designer is being refreshed but then they are lost. We have seen something similar but I would like to have your use case for QA.

Thanks

-Shelley

Posted by jmls on 31-Jul-2008 14:28

Shelley, I have logged the call earlier, (W807300082) and I got confirmation from tech support that they were able to reproduce it, so they were going to log a bug.

This thread is closed