Any other components ?

Posted by jmls on 28-Jul-2008 07:31

Apart from the standard MS controls, and the Infragistics, are there any other control / toolsets that you would recommend for use within OEA ?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 28-Jul-2008 07:38

We are using DevExpress for our .Net development. As soon as I start to feel (a bit) comfortable using OEA and the Infragistics controls, I will start expirementing with these controls. If it turns out I can use them without problems I will post again.

Ps. this may take a while because I haven't used OEA so far...

Posted by jmls on 28-Jul-2008 07:43

Thanks Rob for the feedback. I will wait in anticipation

Posted by Admin on 04-Aug-2008 11:59

Today I've dared to try to use DevExpress components from the ABL. I had to add them to the toolbox manualy but, after doing so, the first 2 controls I've tried worked fine.

I could drag and drop the controls, references where automatically added, the class/form compiled and excecuted. Next step for me will be to try and do some databinding & try and do something usefull. But at least the first steps where OK.

The collection of DevExpress controles is huge and there might still be (a lot) of controls that do not work.

First impression: So far so good!

To be continued....

Posted by jmls on 05-Aug-2008 03:40

Thanks for the info. I have also started to evaluate the controls and will also post my findings.

This thread is closed