OERA Revision?

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 07-Aug-2008 13:18

In the call this morning, there was a diagram which looked like the familiar OERA layer diagram. The purpose was to illustrate the two layer or two component aspect of the .NET implementation in the UI layer. But, the thing that caught my attention was that the layer below this, normally labeled Business Logic, was labeled ProDataSets and Temp-Tables. Now, perhaps this better illustrates the current state of the art for fat clients working in a client/server mode ... which are, after all, the prime targets for the new UI stuff, but I hope it doesn't suggest any shift in the target model.

All Replies

Posted by Shelley Chase on 07-Aug-2008 14:43

It does not represent any shift in thinking. I am just into concrete examples in my slides of which ProDataSets and Temp-tables work well as the logical business level abstraction for data with the GUI for .NET. You can certainly re-label it back to Business Logic without changing the intended meaning.

-Shelley

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 07-Aug-2008 15:53

It was something that caught my attention particularly because of my long-running exchange with John Sadd about the appropriate role of PDS and TT in OOABL.

This thread is closed