OT: whom to send use case for multi-threading

Posted by jankeir on 08-Aug-2008 09:38

It's not really on topic in the beta forum, but the webex yesterday somewhat asked for it, so:

Imagine I had a use case for multi-threading (I do ), to whom should I sent it?

All Replies

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 08-Aug-2008 11:34

I would think Salvador Vinals might be a good focus, but there is a tendency to want people to submit things through your sales rep, so that might be the politically correct approach.

You might also want to add it as a comment here http://www.oehive.org/MultiThread

Posted by holzel on 08-Aug-2008 12:07

I recommend posting it in one of the generally-accessible OpenEdge Forums such as the ABL Forum so that other app developers can add their input.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 08-Aug-2008 12:37

As long as there is no mention of 10.2A, of course!

I would still give it to your rep, even if you discuss it on-line, because you can periodically bug the rep for a response and there is no guarantee that the relevant person will read the forum. They might, and you might get a useful discussion about it, but there is no traceability.

You might also want to do a forum search on multithreading, as the topic has come up a number of times. Sticking a note on one of the older threads would bring it to the surface again.

Can you tell that this is something I really want?

Posted by Admin on 08-Aug-2008 13:57

ERS ID 0000003332 is still open for votes. Currently has two votes.

Posted by svi on 08-Aug-2008 13:59

Please use the following channels:

- Open discussion: OpenEdge ABL forum

- Information about use cases, etc: Update the ER# 3332 - EVAL

http://www.progress.com/cgi-bin/ers.cgi/login.htm

Please include:

1. Why you need the functionality from a business perspective

2. What would you need to do technically that require multithreading

- If you have business case information that you do not wish to share publicly through the forum or ERS, please contact your Acc.Mgr. and ask him/her to forward to me

Finally, feel free to send info directly to me: svi@progress.com

Regards

Salvador

FYI The EVAL status of the ERS referred to above means that we may consider multi-threading the AVM for server products.

This thread is closed