Samples, tips, technigques, etc. for OE 10.2

Posted by adaltas on 12-Aug-2008 14:41

I wonder if it would be a

good idea to create a place on OE Hive where people

could contribute code samples, tips, techniques, etc.

After Beta we will encourage everyone to use the OpenEdge Code Share forum for this and will post tips, techniques in the "OpenEdge How To" area along with new documentation on the site. So ideally all new relevant material in one place/site. But we always welcome supplemental materials on other sites if it doesn't fit on PSDN for some reason.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 12-Aug-2008 14:44

An Advanced GUI codeshare contest? Like the Sonic codeshare contest we had in the past?

Posted by adaltas on 12-Aug-2008 15:41

Not likely. We used up the budget for this year but I'll look into it....Of course a sharing community is its own reward...

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 12-Aug-2008 16:24

While I would certainly think that Code Share was a great place for people to share actual components and services, what I was thinking of was more a center for tips and techniques. Some entries might be just a few lines pointing out some painfully earned knowledge. Others might be a series of code fragments illustrating how to do a set of related things. That sort of thing doesn't seem like it fits the Code Share model very well. Plus, of course, people can be in charge of their own pages for doing updates.

This thread is closed