custom/standard form.

Posted by Freddy Boisseau on 22-Sep-2008 13:18

I am trying to build a standard form to be used as a base for all my forms. I am doing this so that I can build in some standard functionality for our application. For the most part our programmers will be using this instead of the standard "Progress.Windows.Form". I can not seem to find any directions on how to do this, and was wondering if someone could direct me to where I could find the correct documentation? Second part of this question is I would like to define and then set some standard properties for this form. Is there a way to define these properties so that they are assessable from the view in Eclipse?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 24-Sep-2008 11:41

Hi Frederic,

Take a look at this thread http://www.psdn.com/library/thread.jspa?threadID=12498&tstart=0.

I'm trying to acheive the same thing.

Regards,

M

Posted by Freddy Boisseau on 29-Sep-2008 12:10

I have taken a look at the suggest link, and applying the current beta version has corrected some of the problems. But in addition of supplying standard functionality, I need the user to be able to customize the standard form. Basically I want to give my programmers a standard starting point, which they can modify as needed to solve their specific problems. Can some one provide me with an outline of the best practices to do that?

This thread is closed