Properties in inherited controls

Posted by jmls on 09-Oct-2008 13:03

This is a two-parter :

I want to be able to define an additional property in an inherited control. Given the following code snippet from the new inherited control:

only the Direction property appears on the property sheet, and Color1, Color2 do not. This leads to the second question:

How do I make Direction appear as a combo with only two values allowed, and how do I make Color1 and Color2 appear as a color property in the property sheet ?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 09-Oct-2008 13:23

only the Direction property appears on the property

sheet, and Color1, Color2 do not. This leads to the

second question:

There were some issues which not every type getting picked up by the property sheet. I'd log it as a bug.

How do I make Direction appear as a combo with only

two values allowed, and how do I make Color1 and

Color2 appear as a color property in the property

sheet ?

I do not believe that this type of attributes can be set inside an ABL class. In C# you need to set asesmbly attirbutes. That's the meta description read by the property grid used for:

- property description

- shall a property be read/write/hidden in the property grid

- property dialog

Do you know of a .NET Enum type that has the two values you are looking for? The property grid should then display the two possibly values as a combo-box itself. Without additional assembly attributes.

Unfortunately, we can't define Enum types from the ABL (and I'm pretty sure, it won't get added in 10.2A anymore).

Posted by jmls on 09-Oct-2008 13:49

here were some issues which not every type getting

picked up by the property sheet. I'd log it as a

bug.

W810090210

This thread is closed