Purecomponents

Posted by jmls on 10-Oct-2008 01:55

The controls from Purecomponents (www.purecomponents.com) work very well now with beta2. For a cheap'n'cheerful set of controls, the $79 purchase is a very good deal indeed.

Whilst they don't provide anywhere near the complexity or power that the IG controls provide, they are very useful for putting together very quick prototypes .

If you copy the .dll files into the dlc/bin directory they can be added to the toolbox.

All Replies

Posted by johnagoodland on 10-Oct-2008 03:59

Thanks for the info Julian. Will have a play with these this afternoon, dont you just love friday afternoons......

Posted by Peter Judge on 10-Oct-2008 08:46

If you copy the .dll files into the dlc/bin directory

they can be added to the toolbox.

This will work, but I would recommend copying them into the directory where the assemblies.xml file lives - that's the project root by default, but you can change that by specifying the -assemblies parameter in the project settings.

(All along the line of "put nothing into DLC that wasn't there originally" )

-- peter

Posted by jmls on 10-Oct-2008 08:47

I did originally try that to no avail. When I put them into the dlc/bin it worked just fine ... I'll try that again

Posted by Admin on 10-Oct-2008 08:49

Works well in beta 2 for me. But I need to have the -assemblies parameter directly in the project settings / startup parameters. Does not work if it "outsource" it to a .pf file. The compiler will be fine, but not the class browser.

Posted by jmls on 10-Oct-2008 10:57

hmm, I don't use -assemblies at all , perhaps that's my problem ..

This thread is closed