Ultra ink Provider

Posted by GregHiggins on 10-Oct-2008 15:58

Did I screw something up or does everyone have two Ultra Ink Provider controls in their Drop 2 OpenEdge Ultra Controls?

All Replies

Posted by rbf on 10-Oct-2008 16:03

Got 2 here as well.

Posted by jmls on 10-Oct-2008 16:41

and here

Posted by GregHiggins on 10-Oct-2008 17:06

Thanks

Posted by Admin on 13-Oct-2008 23:32

Interesting fact is, that it appears twice in the toolbox.xml file:

From two different assemblies(Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinInProvider.Ink17.v8.1 and Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinInProvider.v8.1).

Both assemblies are available, they are identical in size.

Posted by Srinivas Kantipudi on 14-Oct-2008 00:51

These are two different controls targetted for two different platforms. Below are the comments from Infragistics site.

Two versions of the UltraInkProvider component are shipped with NetAdvantage for Windows Forms for use with the two versions of the Tablet PC Platform SDK (v1.5 and v1.7) available from Microsoft. If you are using v1.5 of the Tablet PC Platform SDK, you should use the UltraInkProvider contained in Infragistics.Win.UltraWinInkProvider.v..dll (where . represents your current NetAdvantage for .NET product version). If you are using v1.7 of the Tablet PC Platform SDK, you should use the UltraInkProvider contained in Infragistics.Win.UltraWinInkProvider.Ink17.v..dll (where . represents your current NetAdvantage for .NET product version).

Posted by Admin on 14-Oct-2008 01:12

Ok. Sounds like a good point.

But Progress should fix the toolbox.xml file. Both entries in the toolbox.xml file create an instance of the same type:

Infragistics.Win.Ink.UltraInkProvider

So it's not possible, that you select the proper InvProvider from the toolbox.xml file. It's rather a task for the assemblies.xml file to point to the right control. It's impossible, that both are used at the same time. And AFAIK the assembly binding is part of the compile job, where the typename is validated (against ABL classes and .NET classes).

It appears to me, that it's not possible to use both InkProviders in a single ABL project.

I'll report it as an issue.

I do also have the oppinion, that the InkProvider is not that important for most development project, that it needs to be available on the default toolbox (for everybody).

Posted by jmls on 14-Oct-2008 07:52

+1 Takes up a line of control space

Posted by Admin on 14-Oct-2008 08:19

Logged as bug OE00176268

This thread is closed