Problem running from visual designer

Posted by Arthur Fink on 10-Nov-2008 19:09

I just installed the new Beta version (yes, quite late, I know). Now whenever I press 'run" I get a large box with title "Create, ananage and run configurations". I'm asked to "type filter text", but whatever I type I just asks again.

Also, much of the time there is no run button at all, just one with a red bar under it to run external tools.

Any idea what's going on, and how I can just get back to normal operations?

All Replies

Posted by resperger on 11-Nov-2008 05:16

In order to run an application you have to first "run Configuration" and define what you are going to run - if I understand your question correctly

Posted by Matt Baker on 11-Nov-2008 08:29

Run configurations and the old run behavior has been completely replaced in 10.2A with Eclipse standard launch configuration. This means the run button behaves different, but also gives you lots more options; some of which set it back to more or less the old behavior.

1. The easy one: If you want to run a .p, right-click on the file (or right-click in editor) and select run as->openedge application. This creates a new launch configuration cloned from the project settings and runs the selected .p.

2. The more flexible one: Select your .p in the resources view and then from the dialog you are seeing select the "OpenEdge Application" and press , then you can setup the launch configuration however you want. This is more or less the same as step 1, in that it clones the project and defaults the startup program to the selected .p, except you can change whatever you want before running it.

Posted by Matt Baker on 11-Nov-2008 08:32

If you're only seeing the 'run external' button in the toolbar, then reset the perspective you are using (window->reset perspective). The openedge editor, openedge debug, and openedge studio perspectives all need to be reset if you have migrated your workspace from a previous version of OEA.

This thread is closed