Problem running "Updated and new samples"

Posted by Arthur Fink on 11-Nov-2008 10:07

With the new beta, when I try to "launch" any of the program, I get a message such as "Invalid dagtatype specified: Infragistics.Win>ultradGril.Ultragrid. Specify a datatype such as 'charcter' or the name of a class. (5638)

• c:\progress\wrk\Batching\BatchingForm.cls Could not understand line 24 (196).

With other launches I get essentially the same message, but pointing to different .cls files.

What is going on ... and how do I fix it?

Thanks,

Arthur

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 11-Nov-2008 10:36

Following Matts assumption from your previous post: If you are using an "old" workspace, how old is it? Progress has upgraded the Infragistics assemblies during one of the beta releases from 2006.something to 2008.1.

What versions of the assemblies does you assemblies.xml file point to? If you have not added an -assemblies startup parameter that file is in your project root folder.

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/19/1256.assemblies.xml:550:0]

I've attached the one I'm using in one of my projects.

Posted by Matt Baker on 11-Nov-2008 10:36

There are two possibilities here.

The first is that you do not have the Infragistics controls installed. This is a separate license code you will need to install.

The second is that you are missing the assemblies.xml file for the project or there is a missing assembly reference not in the assemblies.xml file.

Posted by Admin on 11-Nov-2008 10:52

The first is that you do not have the Infragistics

controls installed. This is a separate license code

you will need to install.

Look for the OpenEdge Ultra Controls on your green sheet.

Posted by Arthur Fink on 11-Nov-2008 11:03

Thanks. I had installed the Ultra controls, but was trying to run this demo from a plain Progress Open Edge client. Running it within OE Architect, it worked fine.

Posted by Admin on 11-Nov-2008 11:06

Well, you should look closer at your config. You shoudl be able to run everything from a procedure editor as well.

Posted by Arthur Fink on 11-Nov-2008 11:31

Uups! I spoke too soon.

It was only the first sample that ran ... all the rest give the same message.

I get the same behavior running from a Progress client, with or without the 'assemblies' parameter pointing to the directory of my project.

I'll try to re-installing the controls, but otherwise am lost.

Arthur

Posted by Arthur Fink on 11-Nov-2008 12:24

I re-installed the advanced UI controls ... didn't expect that would make a difference, and it didn't.

So ... with oe arch and controls installed, I put the samples in 'progress\ultrasamples'.

Then I said

propath = 'c:\progress\ultrasamples,' + propath

run runner.p

Still get same error.

Where should I be looking, or what should I be trying? is there any reason to re-install oe-architect?

Posted by Admin on 11-Nov-2008 12:34

Please post your assemblies.xml file here and tell us where it resides on your machine.

Posted by Arthur Fink on 11-Nov-2008 12:48

Here it is ... located in c:\Progress\wrk (which is my working directory)

Posted by Admin on 11-Nov-2008 12:57

then try to add -assemblies c:\Progress\Wrk to your startup parameters:

- Progress Client (=Procedure Editor)

- OpenEdge Architect Project (= compile time)

- Run Configuration in OEA (=run from IDE).

Posted by Arthur Fink on 11-Nov-2008 13:39

Finally ... success. Thanks so much.

Based on an earlier response here, I had set my 'assemblies' parm to the copy of assemblies in the project folder. Here I changed it to the one in progress\wrk.

This thread is closed