ultraExplorerBarContainer and scroll bars?

Posted by ChUIMonster on 21-Feb-2009 10:33

My ultraExplorerBar has an item which is a control container. This works very well. Perhaps too well -- I've added a few too many controls and now I cannot show them all when the application runs on a small screen like a laptop

One could argue that I might want to redesign the screen and that's a legitimate POV. But, for now at least, I'd like to just add a scroll bar. I have discovered at least one way to do that:

That's nice but the scroll bar doesn't actually do anything except look pretty. How do I convince it that it is supposed to be making my invisible text visible when I move the bar with the mouse thing?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 21-Feb-2009 11:56

I usually don't set the ...Scroll properties for the UltraExplorerBarContainerControl2 control.

I usually add a Panel to the UltraExplorerBarContrianercontrol2, set the Dock property to Fill and add the actual controls to the Panel. The Panel will have AutoScroll = True.

When I want some sort of encapsulation or reusability I use a UserControl instead of a Panel.

Posted by ChUIMonster on 21-Feb-2009 12:14

Hmmm... Ok, I do actually have the controls encapsulated in a sort of user control. I'll look a bit deeper into that.

Bingo! (That was fast and easy!)

Thanks!

Kind of ugly though. I may have to accelerate that redesign

This thread is closed