Searching for a decent rich text or html editor control

Posted by asthomas on 22-Feb-2009 13:18

I have been searching for a while now for a decent Rich text or HTML editor control to use with 10.2.

For now I am stuck with using the MS RichText control from Windows, as this is straight forward. But it is very limited.

I would like to use the TXTextControl, which has been recommended and seems to have everything we want, different output formats, built-in toolbars etc. But PSC does not support their licensing - so I cannot run anything that uses this control (this has already been logged with Tech Support and does not seem to be resolved for 10.2A01 ... so I have to keep looking).

So I am trying to use a different control, SpiceLogic .NET Win HTML Editor Control. This seems nice and might do the trick, I can store my editor content in HTML, which can be usedul in many ways.

A quick test in using this gives the following error when trying to save an ABL form with the control:

Visual Designer

Code generation for property 'Charset' failed. Error was: 'Property accessor 'Charset' on object 'winHTMLEditorControl1' threw the following exception:'Specified cast is not valid.''

OK

followed by

Visual Designer

Code generation for property 'ReadOnly' failed. Error was: 'Property accessor 'ReadOnly' on object 'winHTMLEditorControl1' threw the following exception:'Specified cast is not valid.''

OK

When I try and run the form - nothing happens.

Any idea what is happening?

Even better, any suggestions on a good control that works with OEA? Nothing in the Infragistics controls that gives decent rich text / html editing.

All Replies

Posted by Matt Baker on 22-Feb-2009 21:12

This sounds like a VD serializer bug, and you should report it to tech support.

If you get a code generation error, this means nothing gets written out to the form so any changes since the last serialize/save won't be present in the code.

Posted by asthomas on 23-Feb-2009 01:30

Thanks - will do.

Anyone with suggestions for an editor that works with 10.2? As I mentioned in my post, I am using the MS RichTextBox. This has some basic features that we were looking for, but is turning out to be too limited. Ideas for others to try are very welcome

This thread is closed