Tool Shortcuts

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 11-Mar-2009 19:01

I am using an UltraToolbarManager and have tools (buttons) define with shortcusts such as CTRL-A, CTRL-N, etc. This works just fine when you drop the UltraToolbar manager on a form. I then created a user control and dropped my UltraToolbarManage on the user control. This user control is now what is dropped on my maintenance forms but I lost my shortcuts. Does anyone know how I can have the user control subscribe to the keystrokes from it's parent form so the shortcusts will work?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 12-Mar-2009 13:54

Hi Roger,

I quickly tested the UserControl and the UltraToolbar and cannot see the shortcut keys not working.

Attached a little sample, files go to a folder named ToolbarInUserControl.

So there must be another cause for what you are experiencing. I even added a TextBox to the Form to see if the reason might be another form having Input Focus or so.

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/19/ToolbarControl.cls:550:0]

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/19/ToolbarControl.resx:550:0]

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/19/ToolbarsInUserControl.cls:550:0]

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/19/ToolbarsInUserControl.resx:550:0]

Mike

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 13-Mar-2009 07:22

I will take a look at your code but I just checked again. When I first open my form the shortcuts works but then they stop working shortly thereafter.

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 13-Mar-2009 07:48

I narrowed down the issue to when I change TABS. On my form I have two tabs and once I change to the second TAB the shortcuts no longer work. I took your sample and added an UltraTabControl but the shortcuts in your sample work every time.

I will have to toy around with this to see what is going on in my form that could cause this.

thanks.

This thread is closed