Custom controls needs frequent recompiling(?)

Posted by keesvlasblom on 03-Apr-2009 05:04

Hi all,

I have created a custom control containing two controls (both inherited from Infragistics controls). When I use this custom control on a form and open the form in the Designer I often get the error message: "Control <custom control> needs to be recompiled because referenced control <inherited control> has been changed" (or something like this). However, this happens even while the custom and inherited controls are not changed. The  problem disappears after compiling the custom control, but appears again later (without changing anything on the controls).

Does anyone know what is wrong or what can be wrong? Does it have anything to do with the caching of the controls somehow?

Regards

Kees Vlasblom

All Replies

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 04-Apr-2009 09:25

I am seeing the same problem and sometimes actually have to make a change to the custom control (pressing ENTER) and the save/compile the control. I opended a call with TS and they said they are adding to 10.2B the automatic recompiling in this situation although I am not sure that will fix what we are seeing. I plan on contacting TS again and show them what is happening.

Posted by keesvlasblom on 06-Apr-2009 03:28

As a work-around I changed the event-alert.p. Whenever I do a syntax check on any code (which is quite regularly :-)) I recompile the controls. This way, the controls are recompiled frequently and give me less problems. 

Posted by rbf on 08-Apr-2009 02:22

keesvlasblom wrote:

As a work-around I changed the event-alert.p. Whenever I do a syntax check on any code (which is quite regularly :-)) I recompile the controls. This way, the controls are recompiled frequently and give me less problems.

Pretty horrible that you have to do that.

I have seen this before, but not sure if I still have it since SP1. Do you have this in SP1?

Posted by keesvlasblom on 08-Apr-2009 03:01

Yes, problem still occurred with SP1.

I agree, it is a horrible solution (my keyboard refused to let me type the code ;-)) but at least it worked.

This thread is closed