Sorting Question

Posted by kmcarthur on 08-Jun-2009 09:37

Hello,

I have been stuck for the last couple of days trying to figure out how to get something to work in the new GUI for .NET interface.  I am working on redesigning two of our current forms.  One of the forms is a customer lookup screen and the other is the find screen.  Currently, with the existing ABL interface, if the user needs to lookup a customer they use the find form to locate them from the customer lookup screen.  In the find form they can search by name or ID.  The find form returns a RECID of the record which the customer lookup screen uses to move to that record.  The customer lookup screen has a first, prev, next, and last set of buttons that can be used to traverse through the records.

In the new .NET interface, i can't find a way to pass the RECID around anymore between the forms.  I have tried using a preselect to pick out the ID, but of course that breaks the next and prev buttons on the lookup screen.  Also, I've tried locating the record by traversing through the bindingsource, but due to the table size, it takes a good minute to go through.  I'd appreciate any ideas anyone has on how to do this in the new .NET.  Thanks for your help!

All Replies

Posted by jmls on 08-Jun-2009 10:11

set a public read-only property to the value of the ROWID. RECID is outdated.

DEF PUBLIC PROPERTY MyRecord AS ROWID NO-UNDO GET . PRIVATE SET .

when you find the record you need, set MyRecord = ROWID(MyTable).

if you use a dialog, you will have a WAIT-FOR in the calling form . After the wait-for, check the value of the Myrecord property.

Posted by kmcarthur on 08-Jun-2009 11:11

Thanks that solved everything!  The system was originally written in Progress version 8, so I'm still trying to figure which keywords are obsolete now that we're on version 10.  Thanks again!

Posted by jmls on 08-Jun-2009 11:29

Excellent. Best of luck in your .net adventure !

This thread is closed