Looks like a memory leak.

Posted by jmls on 19-Jun-2009 10:14

I am trying to use a DevExpress grid control, but the application seems to have a serious memory leak. After 20 minutes running, the prowin32 process is using 350MB of ram and climbing.

I've tried to narrow it down as much as possible, and the attached app seems to show some of the same behaviour. Every second, when the timer ticks, I lose 200k of ram.

Can anyone else confirm this, and does anyone have any idea on how to solve it ?

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/19/memleak.cls:550:0]

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/19/memleak.resx:550:0]

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 19-Jun-2009 10:33

I am trying to use a DevExpress grid control, but the application seems to have a serious memory leak. After 20 minutes running, the prowin32 process is using 350MB of ram and climbing.

I've tried to narrow it down as much as possible, and the attached app seems to show some of the same behaviour. Every second, when the timer ticks, I lose 200k of ram.

Can anyone else confirm this, and does anyone have any idea on how to solve it ?

I'll take a look at your attached code, but the first thing you can try is to run the session with client logging; something like the switches below will track the creation/deletion of the classes; maybe that has so something do do with it (you can also turn logging on via the launch configs).

-logentrytypes dynobjects.*:3 -clientlog log.txt -clearlog

-- peter

Posted by jmls on 22-Jun-2009 14:49

After browsing through the DevExpress forums it seems as if the grid control has some issues with memory "leaks" (it keeps caches to speed up the redrawing).

I changed tactics, rolled my own, and it seems to be working well.

Thanks for the tips for the startup options. That will be really handy.

This thread is closed