What could be causing this error?

Posted by jquerijero on 09-Jul-2009 10:58

The file used to compile and run correctly, but suddenly this morning it just started giving me "Invalid datatype specified".

All Replies

Posted by jmls on 09-Jul-2009 11:49

I have had something similar when I either lost, corrupted or reverted a .resx file - the values being loaded into the class are not in sync with the version of the class. For example, add a imagelist add images. In the code, assign a button image to imagelist[1] . All works lovely. Now, either delete or revert the resx or copy the class to production. Run it again It also causes all sorts of grief in the OEA.

YMMV

Posted by jquerijero on 09-Jul-2009 12:04

I even used the intellisense to add the class name. Bummer because I'm stuck.

BTW, the piece of code in the screenshot is inside a UI-less class.

Posted by GregHiggins on 09-Jul-2009 15:33

Compile the full project / workspace* at least twice.

*Depends on whether multiple projects depend upon each other.

This doesn't always work, but sometimes it does. What happens is that some object which depends on something else gets out of sync. Though in your case it may mean somethign has happened to the assembly file or propath.

Posted by Peter Judge on 09-Jul-2009 15:41

Compile the full project / workspace* at least twice.

*Depends on whether multiple projects depend upon each other.

This doesn't always work, but sometimes it does. What happens is that some object which depends on something else gets out of sync. Though in your case it may mean somethign has happened to the assembly file or propath.

To avoid this stuff - and also for my sanity - I tend to do a Project -> Clean with a workspace rebuild (or Build Automatically).

You can set up the build order of the projects in the workspace if you have dependencies (Preferences / Workspace / Build Order allows you to customise the order).

If you've moved stuff around, try deleting all the r-code off disk before building.

-- peter

Posted by jquerijero on 09-Jul-2009 15:45

I already did all that. Now, I'm re-installing OE.

This thread is closed