Modal dialog problem

Posted by Admin on 15-Jul-2009 15:18

I've got a form / modal  dialog situation that is causing problems in my application. I'm hoping it's  something I'm doing incorrectly, but I'm more inclined to think it's a bug I  need to report. I've been able to recreate this in a simple test  (attached).
  • Extract the files to a  folder named SandBox in an OEA project.
  • Run the form using the  FormRunner.p program.
    • The form contains a KeyDown  event and will close using F4.
  • Click on the giant "Click  Here" button on the form; a modal dialog displays.
  • Click on the form's TaskBar  button and then press F4. The form closes, but should not because the dialog is  still open.
I do not believe this is  proper behaviour.
I also have a sample vb  form/dialog test that does not allow the form to take focus regardless of the  method (click the form, select the TaskBar button, etc). In the vb test form, if  the dialog is open and I click on the TaskBar button of the form, the TaskBar  button does not become selected. I think this is how it should  work.
Please let me know if  there's a way around this problem.
Regards,
Jim

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/19/SandBox.zip:550:0]

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 16-Jul-2009 04:19

Interesting. Looks like the Dialog is not as Modal as it should be

I also tried using an Instance of System.Windows.Forms.Form as the dialog (avoiding the Form inheritance in the ABL), but that makes no difference. If it works as excepted in Visual Studio, I'd log it with tech-support.

Posted by Admin on 17-Jul-2009 11:41

Mike,

I did just that. It was reproduced by Progress and a bug (OE00188194) has been submitted.

Thanks,

Jim

This thread is closed