TreeView Drag and Drop

Posted by jmgawlik on 14-Jan-2009 17:23

Sorry if this happens to be addressed some place else but I didn't find it.

I'm curious if anyone has tried using the MS TreeView and has successfully employed drag and drop behavior.

I have set the AllowDrop property to true and in my ItemDrag event handler use the TreeView1:DoDragDrop(e:Item, DragDropEffects:Copy) but when I click and drag all I get is the not icon (small circle with a slash).

If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 14-Jan-2009 23:31

You need to implement either the DragEnter or DrapOver event handler as well.

You need to modify one of the propeties of the EventArgs object. As the receiver of the D&D operation you have to acknologede that you wanna allow D&D now and for that object (source node).

Posted by jmgawlik on 15-Jan-2009 11:58

Ah! Perfect. That's what I was missing. I only had half of what I needed.

Thanks a lot.

Posted by Admin on 15-Jan-2009 12:07

Here's a working D&D sample for a list view - but basically it works the same for any Control.

http://www.psdn.com/library/message.jspa?messageID=48968#48968

Posted by jmgawlik on 15-Jan-2009 17:33

Great. Thanks again. I have it working pretty good.

Posted by jquerijero on 20-Jul-2009 16:56

Where you able to use the other DragEffects. I can seem to use only Copy. The rest(Move, Link, and etc) just display as None.

Posted by rtardivo on 30-Jul-2009 10:40

Hi Mike

I'm trying to access this url :

but it seems that it doesn't exist...

I'm trying to use drag and drop with ultra Controls without success....

Do you have samples ?

tia

Richard

Posted by Admin on 30-Jul-2009 11:09

rtardivo schrieb:

Hi Mike

I'm trying to access this url :

but it seems that it doesn't exist...

Hi Richard,

looks like you've been fooled by those that where responsible for the new site. All links to the old (R.I.P.) PSDN are broken since they moved to the new commmunities site...

I've attached the sample. It implements D&D with the right mouse button.

Usually there are two challenges with D&D implementation:

1.) finding an event to start it. Left mouse click can be good, if your Control does not get confused by it. Often right-mouse click of using an additional Key (like Shift and Ctrl).

2.) finding where the D&D should be completed. With the UltraTree check methods that find NodesByPoint (or something similar).

I can look for a more complete sample with the TreeView if you need it - but not before some time next week.

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/19/DragAndDrop.zip:550:0]

Mike.

Posted by rtardivo on 31-Jul-2009 03:44

Hi Mark,

Thank You for the sample.

I found another one on the Infragistic support site with an ultragrid, but with c# or VB.Net

I just finish to translate it in ABL

I attached the example.

You will not be able to launch it. It's just an example for a customer and you will just find methods and events used.

There is some code too to have something like rowDisplay in a browse to change the color of a complete row or only a cell.

Thank You again !!!

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/19/testdraganddrop.zip:550:0]

Richard

Posted by jquerijero on 04-Aug-2009 17:01

Were you able to use the other DragEffects other than Copy?

This thread is closed